Now I remember why I disliked rec ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 25, 2010
Even though she was pitching against girls who were as much as 3 years older, she did well. Word got around, and the parents of the other teams started attacking her. They booed and cat called, applauded balls and walks like a player had hit a grand slam. Even some of the opposing coaches were involved in it. It wasn't about playing the game, it became all about beating her.
I'm glad I wasn't there.

But would you believe that some parents are actually grumbling because our DD is going to be playing up a division starting this fall, because all the 8u coaches want the opportunity to get her on their teams in the spring?

It isn't fair to her - or to the other players - when she's so much more experienced than they are. There's no 8u travel team (or all-stars) in our area, so moving to 10u is the only option.

Feb 9, 2009
I have an 8yo, that will have moved up to 12 U with my rec team...but I'm getting her to try out for a 10U travel team with my DD.
She's an amazing player who would crush the other 8yo's.

May 25, 2010
Awesome! My wife has already vetoed going up to 12u rec for safety and primarily social reasons. She has the arm, speed, and bat, but wants to pitch and isn't ready for that distance yet. Based on what little I've seen, your little one will be right at home on a travel team. Rec would bore her.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles