Noticing a Trend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2013
We had a betting pool on how long you would make it, I had between 24 – 26 hours and lost. The member that picked over 48 hours is kicking themselves.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2012
LoL.... Yeah well...lock a Rat in a room with a Cat and eventually..when the rat pulls the cats tail hard enough... the cat's gunna snap.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
I love this site. I don't post as much as I did in the beginning, mostly because of how much I've learned over the years thanks to this site. Not that I know it all, but am much more knowledgeable than I was a few short years ago. I still read frequently just don't ask as many questions
I too have experience the snippy replies to posts but never let it deter me from seeking info. I think it is a shame that some people resort to such replies. But it's not just on this site. Being around tb for 4 years now, I've seen a lot of arrogance and stuck upness from other coaches and parents. It amazes me sometimes the way people act round this sport and it is a shame.
I wish more quality instructors like Pauly and Hillhouse would post here. Really wish that more higher end coaches would post here. And parents that have been through tb and put their children into college. It seems, today, I pay more attention to post about navigating the journey through raising a young athlete and getting them to the next level than I do mechanics.

Aug 20, 2013
Awesome post Undergroundga. Some people, myself included, post things that they would never say to someone's face. They might put down one high level coach's methods, but would never send them an email with their real name and the name of their daughter who one day would hope to play higher level ball with the same gripes. We can all get swept up in the anonymity of it all. Sometimes it is better to be kind, than it is to be right.

GG

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Awesome post Undergroundga. Some people, myself included, post things that they would never say to someone's face. They might put down one high level coach's methods, but would never send them an email with their real name and the name of their daughter who one day would hope to play higher level ball with the same gripes. We can all get swept up in the anonymity of it all. Sometimes it is better to be kind, than it is to be right.

GG

Unfortunately, kind may not get you to the next level! Right is open to interpretation and discussion, which is good as long as that discussion doesn't devolve into personal attacks.

Jul 1, 2010
There is a seasonal downturn in traffic. Our "busy" months are February to May. Then, as people get into "serious" summer TB, the posts slow down. There is an uptick at the beginning of the fall season, then it is pretty slow from mid-October to January.

The "regulars" here should be table to take a little bit more frankness. The newbies should be treated more gingerly, even though I still have trouble biting my tongue with the "my 6 YOA DD throws five pitches" posts.

Hope you're right. Learned a bunch here over the past few years. But with all the Grammar Schoolmarms and flying insults, I don't visit quite as often.

Perhaps a name change is in order. You could have a competition and the one that insults Hal the most could win the right to name the site. My nomination is arguefastpitch.com :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd