not a good day

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
How can a team be run-ruled in the middle of an inning?

They can only score 5 runs in an inning. They are behind by 6. Therefore they cannot win and the inning is over.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Yes, but they were behind by 6 at the beginning of the inning so they couldn't have won- why was the team that was doing the slaughtering allowed to pile on more runs before calling the game in the middle?

True, I don't know the rules at this particular tournament, but I thought slaughter rules were applied after the appropriate inning was completed.

Just sounds wrong.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Coach: Tough call. Ihope as this was the last game the kids went to ice cream. The bad vibes of a game ending lousy go away quickly when the kids are licking ice cream cones!

Jun 15, 2011
I may need to clarify. We were under the assumption that we were going to play the last inning even though the game was technically over. They batted and when it was the bottom of the order the coach gave me the lame excuse of not wanting to tire out their pitcher due to remaining games. It was cloudy and 80 degrees. The game should have been called prior to the inning, or they should have let us finish the inning to give the girls their final at bats of the year. And yes, thankfully the concession stand was open and the girls cooled down with some sno cones due to the extreme heat(sarcastic)..Thanks again for your replies.

Mar 9, 2011
They batted and when it was the bottom of the order the coach gave me the lame excuse of not wanting to tire out their pitcher due to remaining games.

Would have really been bad for the other guy if during his "batting practice" his pitcher turned an ankle running the bases.

Of course it would be worse for the player, but for the manager to do your team that way shows a real lack of class.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207