No more whining about dd not getting a shot

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

A great story that I more than understand. My DD ran through a similar situation last year in her first year of TB (10U). She was designated player #12 out of 12 girls, had to put up with coaches w/out the brains to train/nurture/teach, and was simply an afterthought sitting on the bench. The one thing she kept on telling me was, "Daddy, I want to pitch". So daddy got her a PC, told the TB coaches that she was getting lessons, and she was going to be a pitcher whether they used her or not. 4 months later the head coach said DD was going to pitch in an upcoming tourney...she didn't. This happened three consecutive tournaments, but we (me) kept our mouths shut and stayed with the plan. Head coach finally started her. Her first 2 games were no-hitters and her third game she got a game MVP award from the other team. She did have some rough outings and struggled at times...got blasted in the World Series...but she never gave up.

I'm now an assistant coach on her TB team and have never forgotten the lessons learned from last year. Don't give up on the kid that won't give up on herself.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Congratulations! There is no doubt that the 'pucker factor' increases exponentially when your DD is pitching and the team is counting on her! I would also like to highly recommend making sure your daughter is on a team where she will be the #1 or #2 pitcher next season. There is no substitute for mound time and experience. Being a #3 or #4 on a team where you only get 'mop up duty' is not going to give her the game experience she needs to improve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877