NLI Signing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I'm hesitant to say this, but it seems a little self-absorbed and ungrateful for a player at a school signing ceremony to be thinking, 'What's he doing in the picture? He didn't have anything to do with it.' Even if it's true.

A school signing ceremony isn't just about your accomplishments. It's also about proud things that are taking place at the school - which is the one putting on the party. If you really believe that the coach and school had nothing to do with it (which might be entirely true), then decline the invitation to be part of the school ceremony. Just say, 'Sorry, but this has nothing to do with Central High School.' Then have a private signing ceremony and invite who you like. But if you do accept the invitation, then be gracious, IMO. Same for parents.

Sep 4, 2015
Georgia
I'm hesitant to say this, but it seems a little self-absorbed and ungrateful for a player at a school signing ceremony to be thinking, 'What's he doing in the picture? He didn't have anything to do with it.' Even if it's true.

A school signing ceremony isn't just about your accomplishments. It's also about proud things that are taking place at the school - which is the one putting on the party. If you really believe that the coach and school had nothing to do with it (which might be entirely true), then decline the invitation to be part of the school ceremony. Just say, 'Sorry, but this has nothing to do with Central High School.' Then have a private signing ceremony and invite who you like. But if you do accept the invitation, then be gracious, IMO. Same for parents.

I was thinking the same. Isn't the signing more about recognition for the school as a whole, and not necessarily who directly assisted with the journey to recruitment?

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA

Oh, I agree 100%. My daughter loves her HS coach and the AD at the school as well, and they are absolutely welcome in the picture. As you say, the AD set it all up and it's a great promotional tool for the school. But I wasn't about to buy them a gift when they had nothing to do with her recruitment or all of the training that led up to her NLI.

Oct 10, 2014
Peach State
DD adores her high school coach. He helped with her confidence. It was his number that she gave first in emails to college coaches. She followed his number with the travel coach's number. DD's hitting coach and America's Team coach had more to do with the recruiting than the travel coach.

I welcome the HS coach in the photos. I'm not sure about the AD, but he did plan the ceremony and contacted the local paper.

Oct 21, 2015
My dd is invited to a private signing party. Is this something you would bring a gift to ?
Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Thanks Terry

Mar 17, 2011
Virginia
Just wanted to update everyone...we had DD sign a copy of her NLI at her HS signing ceremony, without the aid agreement attached. Worked out well, as I believe that's what the other girls who signed with her did. Also wanted to give a pic from her signing day. Thank you everyone! This forum and all the contributors have been invaluable to me and my DD during this journey. She could not have done it without each and every one of you!

MomDadKatie.jpg

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
DD signed a blank piece of paper at her NLI signing yesterday, because the Compliance Office had an issue and couldn't get them out on time. We received the real copy shortly after arriving home from the ceremony. I don't think anybody noticed in any case.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
DD signed a blank piece of paper at her NLI signing yesterday, because the Compliance Office had an issue and couldn't get them out on time. We received the real copy shortly after arriving home from the ceremony. I don't think anybody noticed in any case.

Pictures???

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414