NLI Signing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2013
Ask the AD if your DD and other D3 commits can join the signings. If not have a little ceremony with your club program or at the college itself and post pictures on their website. One advantage of D3 is her new coaches can be at the signing.
I agree IF it is organized by the AD. IME, most are by sport, organized by the parents and they invite the HC and AD to participate. YMMV

Some D3 colleges provide a letter for their recruits to sign.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2015
NE Kansas
DD's NAIA AC sent her 2 NLI's. One to sign and send back ASAP and one for her to sign at the ceremony. HS SB is a spring sport here so the HS will do something then. The AC said to let him know when it was and he would try to come. As far as photo op, can you beat a fuzzy robe and bed head for a NLI signing pic?

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Ours is arranged by the AD at the school. He set the time and date, and arranged for the press coverage.

It's been a very long road to get to this point. Very proud and excited for her. She'll be signing a blank sheet for privacy purposes, not that anybody really cares about such things.

Mar 17, 2011
Virginia
Ours event is arranged by the AD at the school as well. He set the time and date, and arranged for the press coverage too. My question was really to help me show my DD that most folks don't actually sign their NLI at the school event. She was convinced that EVERYONE was going to sign theirs at the event and she would look silly if she didn't have hers. What does dear ole dad know anyway. :rolleyes: Thanks everyone for chiming in. This has helped me convince her and hopefully it will help other folks.

Sep 28, 2015
My dd will sign her letter next week (just a blank sheet at school). I couldn't be more proud. Her softball coach is arranging for the local paper to come down to the school. I'm trying to think of doing something at the house for her too as her verbal came at a tough time for our family I feel it kind of got downplayed. Good luck and congrats to all the girls signing and to the girls who haven't found their home yet - have faith. It's not over yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I get a kick out of HS signing ceremonies, when the HS coach had little to nothing to do with the softball players recruiting journey...

Dec 19, 2012
I get a kick out of HS signing ceremonies, when the HS coach had little to nothing to do with the softball players recruiting journey...

Our HS recognized that and this was the photo that ended up in the paper:

gesigns.jpg

Sep 28, 2015

Lol. Yea trust me we get a chuckle out of this one. Long story - but he has no part of her success. High school antics in its full glory back in JH but glad to see she proved him wrong!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I learned a lot from this thread.

When DS decided to join a rowing team at a D-III school. he didn't sign anything. BUT, I did read in a college newsletter about one of that college's softball recruits having an NLI ceremony. I couldn't figure out why until now. Thanks!

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA

Just had this conversation with my wife last night. My DD's HS coach was new last season, and she is fantastic. Led our team to previously unknown success on the field, and my DD loves her. But she had ZERO to do with my DD's recruitment or scholarship offer. Yet she will be there on Wednesday at the ceremony. My wife asked if we should buy the coach and AD a "thank you" gift and I was like, "For WHAT?". Her travel coaches each got a gift after she accepted her offer.

In any case, the coach and AD will be in the picture, along with the two travel coaches and family. They have all been great to her over the years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00