newly joined.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 22, 2020
my wife would disagree w/this but maybe I'm the exception to the rule :p I like to think I'm learning some things, her private coach is a softball hc at the local HS and she was a really good college catcher and HS pitcher. So watching how she teaches her and the drills she has her learn has helped.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
my wife would disagree w/this but maybe I'm the exception to the rule :p

Just tell her that the catchers' dads on DFP think she's wrong. 🤪 😂

I like to think I'm learning some things, her private coach is a softball hc at the local HS and she was a really good college catcher and HS pitcher. So watching how she teaches her and the drills she has her learn has helped.

The best thing a new catcher can do is be totally committed to becoming as good as they can be at the position. You don't play catcher. You ARE a catcher. ;)

Jul 22, 2020
@Eric F

No doubt, she's pretty upset when she gets put at another position. Her teams like her at 3rd or 1st bc she's tall and has a crazy strong arm; she's also a lefty so had a few coaches that didn't feel it was her best spot; until she out threw the other catchers. The primary reason for her learning to pitch is so that she can understand the fundamentals and help the pitcher out there if they're struggling. She's been working at throwing to 2nd from the plate on 12U fields since last year.

Jul 22, 2020
@quincy

She struggles w/the motions, she's never really be agile or had much rhythm and growing 5'2 to 5'6 over winter has made her awkward to boot. I made her start taking lessons though just in case a team needed her, but the coach said it's good for catchers anyways.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06