New to site, DD 11 years old 2nd year pitching. Would love some feedback.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
She throws hard with good resistance for an 11YO. Doing a lot right. One thing to watch out for is her back foot (pivot) is in the air every pitch, instead she needs to drag it away from the pitching plate. Another video directly from the side and from behind would be helpful.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
I agree with Rocketech. Doing a lot right and looks very strong. In addition, one thing I noticed immediately was her arm speed in the change-up is noticeably slower. To truly have an effective c/u against good hitters, she will need to keep that arm speed up so that it is indistinguishable from other pitches. Play with different grips/releases to slow the ball down. Don't let her get used to simply slowing down her arm circle. Keep up the good work and best of luck!

Jul 14, 2008
That video says it was posted a year ago........Jan. 2013........

Are you seriously asking for advise on a 1 year old clip?...........

Hmmmmm........Seems a little odd to me.........Hope we're not being set up.......

Regardless......Not bad.........There is.......Oh I mean WAS, some room for improvement........

What does she look like today?...........

Feb 11, 2014
Sorry for the old post BM, it is the only video that I have of her. It is a year later, and I will try to get some new video this Sunday at practice. Not very Tech-Savvy, a bit of a chore for me. Thanks for the input.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors