New Suncoast Fastpitch bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Spoke with a representative and was disappointed with the lack of ownership over the issue, especially during the middle of a high school season. Requesting $ back. Their lack of due diligence is disrespectful to the parents and these girls using and trusting this company's equipment. Will repost if I hear more.
Was it a customer service representative at Suncoast with whom you spoke?

Mar 27, 2019
They are not going to reimburse you money for used bats...nobody ever has. They are probably going to replace
once they get new FP bats in. Its not what people want to hear, but they cant replace what they dont have
right now.
Where is that "rep" now that was super easy to deal with? hahaha. Oh wait, he took your money now
he directs you to Suncoast because he has nothing to do with anything :)
I see it all day in slowpitch forums, all these "reps" now crying that they have nothing to do with anything and dont
blame them and dont call them, but they want you to buy from them :D
Actually the rep has been in constant contact with me. Knew about the ban, request and all before it was posted. The reimbursement was brought up by a manufacturer employee. And in fact Core, that rep just donated to a fundraiser for my daughter's travel team, so no, didn't run . Please don't assume, it's a bad look.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Actually the rep has been in constant contact with me. Knew about the ban, request and all before it was posted. The reimbursement was brought up by a manufacturer employee. And in fact Core, that rep just donated to a fundraiser for my daughter's travel team, so no, didn't run . Please don't assume, it's a bad look.
Point is, nobody can offer you anything but suncoast. If Lee directly didnt say you would get a reimbursement,
then somebody led you down the wrong path and had you jump the gun on what you might get and got
you disappointed in the service. Ive talked to Lee and no talk of reimbursement has been said as of yet. Matter in fact, they dont even know what will be done as they dont know what the fix may be for the bat to possibly
pass. Is it a quick fix or not, I dont think they even know right now. That form is just to keep in contact
with customers until they figure out what is going on.
Might they give money back, they could but I doubt they would reimburse that much money. Especially since
they have no idea what people actually paid for the bats. The bat might retail for 450...but they know
most people didnt pay that. Can they trust receipts..no. Because most purchases are shown at retail just
to not draw attention to any store. They could give a Suncoast credit voucher for 450, so they know you
will use that at their online store. But who knows when a new bat may be available as thats what most people
would want to buy with a voucher. They could also "fix" the bats if all it would take would be an adjustment somewhere like stiffer handle or something. Almost like what Juno may have to do in slowpitch, they need
to swap handles. Who knows at this point. This may take a while because usssa slowpitch customers have been
waiting for like 2 months already with no answer. Its kind of a waiting game everywhere.
This is something that almost nobody ever has to go thru ever.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I am not sticking up for Suncoast in the least. I heard they did something they shouldnt have done
with all their bats...so if what I heard is true, thats on them. And I am actually VERY happy it took Suncoast
3 months to get in touch with me to be a retailer because i sold VERY few of them. If someone had a new
in wrapper Backlash that I sold them, I would reimburse them myself and call it a day.

But lets give a very real in life scenario for people who think its easy for Suncoast to just give a money
back reimbursement. I do agree its very easy if the customer bought the bat right from an auth store. But lets
involve a rep for a scenario. Now, im just using rounded numbers to make it easier to talk about and just
using a "normal" or "usual" transaction. I not saying this is the scenario you have cjs, again, just giving
a scenario a lot of customers will have.

So, ABC Sports buys enough from Suncoast that they are top tier pricing. So a Backlash costs ABC 300 bucks.
They in turn, tell their salesmen "reps" that a Backlash will cost them 350, so whatever over is their profit.
OK, so customer Billy buys a bat from Jack, a rep for ABC Sports. Jack charges Billy 400 so he can stick 50 bucks
in his pocket. Billy paypals Jack 400. Jack calls ABC and has a Backlash sent to Billy. The receipt probably shows
retail so the store doesnt have to hear any BS from Suncoast. So now Billy has a receipt that shows 450.
Now 3 months later, Backlash is banned. Now Billy wants a reimbursement because his daughter
is without a bat and Suncoast doesnt have an approved bat to send Billy to replace it. I hope people
now are seeing the problem Im getting to...hahaha. Suncoast now tells Billy, show me proof of purchase.
They know majority of people dont pay retail, so on top of the store receipt, they want to see Billys CC receipt.
Oops, Billy doesnt have that, Billy has a paypal receipt to Jack for 400. Well, who is Jack now? Oh, Jack is who Billy
bought the bat from. Well, Jack isnt an auth store. Jack paid 350 for that bat from ABC. Suncoast doesnt owe
Billy 450 or 400. At most, it would owe him 350. An ABC reps profit isnt anything to Suncoast, not their responsibility.
So now Suncoast is seeing 3 diff prices from 2 diff parties. And that is only one customer they are looking at.

Now lets say Suncoast is only going to reimburse the store and the Store has to reimburse Billy. Well, the
Store sure as heck isnt gonna give Billy 400, they only got 350 for the bat...now Billy is short 50 bucks...
its his job to get that off the rep. And prob no store will ever deal with Suncoast again if they are told to
give reimbursements themselves and Suncoast will cover them later...hahahaha

This is why I say a 450 voucher is much easier, because now they dont have to worry about reimbursements,
receipts, who it was bought from and who was involved.
They just email Billy a 450 buck voucher for their store and say its good for a year. NOW, the crappy thing is,
lets say they dont have a new bat for 6 months...now Billy is waiting 6 months for a bat and I agree that
that is ridiculous if Im Billly. If Im Billy, im pissed

Now, Worth went thru sorta this same thing many, many, many years ago with ASA when Worth made
EST slowpitch bats. Something on the weighting made them out of ASA specs. Worth actually took
back every bat and adjusted weighting and sent customers their same bat back after the adjustment
and the bat had a "recertification" mark on them. Only bringing this up because without Suncoast
knowing what made the bat "out of spec", they dont know if they can just fix the issue with each
bat either yet.

Put it this way, Im glad Im not Suncoast and I understand the frustration that every Suncoast
bat owner has right now. Its like they are in limbo with nobody giving any answer. And the only
answer that is truthful and should be told to customer sucks...and that is "we have no idea what
is going to happen yet, when we find out, you will find out."

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I did not drag any store into this. I am giving an example of how hard it is to reimburse a price.
Sorry I used ABC Sports because it was the easiest name to come up with. Just like when people use Car Sales
examples, they use ABC Motors.
I even said this doesnt pertain to anybodys purchase at all as rounded numbers were easier to use.
300, 350 and 400 was simple. Those numbers as I said, werent even accurate numbers. But
it is a very real life scenario for a manufacturer to have to deal with right now as there are prob
thousands of reps around right now. So with all the fp and sp customers screaming for their money back
gave a scenario as to why reimbursement is almost impossible.

You know what, I went back and read my post and I did write the wrong initials in one spot out
of the 10 times I said ABC. I do apologize for that as I didnt actually mean to do that. So again, I do apologize to them for that and I fixed it.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Are they still legal in high school and PGF? I have seen nothing to the contrary.
No idea, once USA banged them...the chips fell hard. Havent really looked at much since, except trying to get
replacements for the little bit of inventory i had on hand so i didnt lose too much and keeping up to date to
see if there are any new developments to the return program for folks.

Like I said, Im not even getting any fp bats in return, Im getting slowpitch USA bats just so I can get something in
to sell so I can make my store whole again because stores had to pay upfront for their products. So imagine
a store that had 50 of these bats on the shelf...YUK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand