New Suncoast Fastpitch bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 17, 2019
Hence why I said in slowpitch, lots of guys cut the ball so the bat performs. The grip barrel helps to spin more.

Not sure in fp this will work as well. Even had some slowpitch guys said when you square it up with no cut,
it will wont fly as long.
Not so sure Suncoast is going the right direction. Would like to see it without the spin tac

Silly question, what does cut the ball mean?

Apr 17, 2019
slice.

You cut across the ball rather than squaring it up. I think the thought is that those spinning line drives down the line will be more spinny with this bat.

Oh so more of a slice.

Weird that the thought on this is more spin will make the ball go farther. Where in golf less spin has been proven to be better for distance, with the use of launch monitors.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
slice.

You cut across the ball rather than squaring it up. I think the thought is that those spinning line drives down the line will be more spinny with this bat.
Negative sir

Cutting the ball means you actually have a downward angle thru the ball creating backspin and distance

Not some drastic downward swing though...hahahaha.

Oct 4, 2018
Hmmm...

cut seems to have a ton of meanings around the softball diamond.

1. Swing -- "Good cut, Sally"
2. Catch the ball -- "Cut 3, cut 3!"
3. Stab -- "You suck Blue! I'm going to cut you in the parking lot later."

Jun 20, 2015
hitting down on the ball and getting backspin, increases carry distance, think MLB gary Sheffield type swing. But often in slow pitch, they call cutting the ball as in hitting to opposite field. especially in leagues where the limit the number of homers each team is allowed to hit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi