New Softball Sanction "AAYSA" NEEDS TOURNAMENT HOST AND STATE DIRECTORS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I like the idea of the classification system, that's one thing FP needs for sure. Keeps the trophy hunters at bay.

Will the class of play be determined by a national committee or a state director? A set % of games is always a double edge sword for reclassification if it's done nationally. Too much of a talent spread in different places. I like the state director to have the power to change classifications because they should have a better idea of "how" your team got __ winning %. Certain tourneys entered and the level of competition in those tourneys should have merit.

I assume a "B" team would have the option to play up in "A"?

Jun 10, 2013
Thats exactly right aaysa is a sanctioning orginization but here in the south we just leave the orginization off lol.
Aaysa is a sanctioning orginization

Jun 10, 2013
Goingdeep your exactly right !!! State directors for each state will make the decisions on that. I know the play here in texas is not the same as lets say arkansas. So we leave that to each state director to oversee. We dont put a certain number of games a team must play before they are re-classified but do it on 3 week periods. Trophy hunting has become a big sport here in our state and from what i have heard several others as well. This format we use will cut that. I know some orginizations do this on a national level but that is impossible to do and be fair !!!!

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Thanks for responding, but this ranking/seeding/re-classification thing doesn't seem like a very good system at all.

Well, whether it is good or not, it is being compared to ASA which does not classify FP teams by performance, just age and set-up.

Granted, what is done locally is local and very likely not in line with ASA Code. I can tell you that if they do it anyway like ASA does SP, it will not be clean and you will find out who the sandbaggers are.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd