New pitching coach for 10yr old

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 6, 2017
I set up a lesion with a pitching coach at the beginning of the season and he wanted to work on hitting 3/4 of the time, not what I had in mind.We practiced our selves and had a coach or friend help us every now and then after that.We meet a helpful mom at the Diamond one day while we were throwing. She watched and finally came up and said hello. She asked to watch and said she pitched in college. As she watched she didn't say a word. After a while she stepped forward and she had a lot to say!
I didn't bother her with a bunch of questions. My daughter told me last week she seen the mom watching her in both current league and up league pitching. I thought nows the time. I texted her and we meet for a practice yesterday.
She said she feels like she's watching herself when she was a kid, and there's things she wished had been told to her at 10 instead of 14.
Going to try and meet with her agin I feel real good about our new coach. Interesting she's a yoga instructor and I see her trying to move daughter to more natural movement. She said she blew her arm in college. I can see wisdom.

Feb 7, 2013
Good luck. You might want to read the stickies in the Pitching forum so you at least have an understanding of the key pitching mechanics. And remember just because someone pitched in college doesn't mean they know how to teach correct pitching mechanics. My DD's first pitching coach played at USF but was teaching hello elbow mehancics after watching Jennie Finch videos online. Be very careful and ask lots of questions.

Apr 27, 2016
Good luck. You might want to read the stickies in the Pitching forum so you at least have an understanding of the key pitching mechanics. And remember just because someone pitched in college doesn't mean they know how to teach correct pitching mechanics. My DD's first pitching coach played at USF but was teaching hello elbow mehancics after watching Jennie Finch videos online. Be very careful and ask lots of questions.

Cannot stress this enough. It's key to ask questions. There some PCs out there that will teach totally different mechanics but claim they are teaching IR or "more natural" pitching mechanics. Ask them how they they view the proper pitch from start to finish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi