New Jugs Travel Net (Bow net competition?)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 18, 2009
We use the Bow Net. Anyone try this out? Looks like Jugs is trying to compete with that market.

JUGS Compete Practice Travel Screen

Not sure what I think yet. Probably need to see it in person.

I like how the entire jugs net seems like it has give so it becomes like a big sock to catch the balls.

I like how the bownet can be turned into an I-frame for front toss with the right net. I don't think the jugs can do that.

We have like 3 bownets for our team so I doubt we will buy the jugs anytime soon.

Apr 1, 2010
It looks pretty nice. I like that huge sock too.

I see a lot more attachment points, which to me means more sites for potential failure. But I've heard of the Bownet sleeves ripping out too--nothing is perfect.

By the way, it finally got warm enough (for one day!) to use the new Bownet. I LOVE it!

Sep 19, 2011
yea no interst, just by the looks of its, much easier to put together the bownet, next item please

Sep 19, 2011
It looks pretty nice. I like that huge sock too.

I see a lot more attachment points, which to me means more sites for potential failure. But I've heard of the Bownet sleeves ripping out too--nothing is perfect.

By the way, it finally got warm enough (for one day!) to use the new Bownet. I LOVE it!

now which line of bownet do you have, i have the diamond series one, and i havent had any tears with it, the diamond series material is alot thicker than the regular bownet

Apr 1, 2010
I just have the plain Big Mouth Bownet. I had been waiting several months for a price drop and was finally able to get one for ~$135 shipped this December.

Sep 19, 2011
yea i had the regular big mouth at first and saw how thin the material was, then got the diamond series big mouth bownet, alot thicker material and bigger net also

Mar 19, 2014
We used and enjoyed the blue jugs pop up net for several years. We just ordered the Jugs complete practice travel screen. It looks more sturdy than the bow net. And Jugs has been making quality products forever. Hopefully it was a wise decision!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207