New Fielders Glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 5, 2013
If you choose not to get the Worth, scuff it up a bunch and I can get it for 40% off when it goes back. ;-)

Is that what they do? Resell ones that come back and look used?

I saw a couple of models on there that showed they had used ones available. Still amazes me that their policy works for them, as it just seems like it would get badly abused.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
I wouldn't mind paying the price of a Vinci, but I was able to get these shipped free both ways and have 100 days to evaluate them. That's really why I chose to get all three from the same online retailer.

Do you mind sharing the name of the retailer? My DD is picky with her equipment so I typically order from places that do free shipping both ways and then order her several to try, shipping back the ones that she doesn't like. Living in Idaho doesn't give us any local choices so ordering is our only option. I ordered and returned about 10 different catcher's helmets and 7 different fielders gloves before she found ones that she liked. I shudder to think about replacing her catcher's mitt...:eek:

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Do you mind sharing the name of the retailer? My DD is picky with her equipment so I typically order from places that do free shipping both ways and then order her several to try, shipping back the ones that she doesn't like. Living in Idaho doesn't give us any local choices so ordering is our only option. I ordered and returned about 10 different catcher's helmets and 7 different fielders gloves before she found ones that she liked. I shudder to think about replacing her catcher's mitt...:eek:

Oops - never mind I just found it in an earlier post. I think that it is time to take a nap...

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Is that what they do? Resell ones that come back and look used?

I saw a couple of models on there that showed they had used ones available. Still amazes me that their policy works for them, as it just seems like it would get badly abused.

It seems to work for them, and provides a fantastic service for their customers.

Feb 5, 2013
Decision made. She loved both the Worth Liberty Advanced and the Nokona Buckaroo, so the decision wasn't an easy one. However, she decided on the Liberty.

We figured we'd put the extra cash into the Catcher's Mitt we now have to decide on. So ... you have THAT post to look forward to next. *rolls eyes*

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Can you share what the deciding factors were?

Personally, I think these kinds of threads have a lot of value.

Feb 5, 2013
Can you share what the deciding factors were?

Personally, I think these kinds of threads have a lot of value.

Absolutely. First, we tried them on a few times over a couple of days, since we couldn't get out to throw because of the weather.

Mizuno Global Elite - Right from the start, she wasn't comfortable with the Mizuno. Generally, she like the smaller opening and closed back of a lot of the Mizuno models ... but this just didn't fit her hand well. The thing that was least comfortable was the lacing inside the palm ridge of the glove. For some reason, they were raised up much higher than I've seen in other gloves and they were digging into her palm. Maybe it was just this specific glove, but it was a no-go from the start, so we didn't even throw with this one.

Nokono Buckaroo - She really liked this glove a lot. Very comfortable on her hand and felt natural from the start. The combination of leathers on this glove are amazing, but that probably impressed me more than her. As is the case with very high end gloves, it was stiffer than the other two, but DD is getting old enough to understand that break in is a process... and she was going to be fine with that. A couple years ago she wouldn't even have considered a glove that stiff. The glove was pretty light and overall she really liked it. She would have been very happy with the Nokona.

Worth Liberty Advanced - The Liberty and the Nokona were neck and neck. When pressed, she said she preferred the Liberty just slightly more because she was catching so much better with it overall (she'd occasionally drop one with the Nokona or feel it rattle around in the glove because it was more stiff). Overall, she felt a little more confident with the Liberty and, as we know, that's half the battle. The Liberty felt almost game ready after a couple short throwing sessions and she looked really solid with it. Great quality leather, deep pocket, and she liked the non-velcro strap.

Personally, I was kind of hoping she preferred the Nokona, given their reputation for quality and long-lasting gloves. I was thinking the Nokona might be her last fielders glove ... but who knows, maybe the Liberty will be. If not, it was half the price of the Nokona so I won't cringe at having to buy another one. Plus, the savings will help to go to the imminent purchase of a new catcher's mitt.

Nov 30, 2013
Your DD made an excellent choice.I had a feeling she would choose the Worth Liberty Advanced as DD and I know what a great glove they are from owning 3 of them over the past 6 years.DDs 1st glove that sits on her shelf is a Worth Liberty Advanced and it looks almost new.She used it for the first 3 years she played ball and the only reason we purchased a new one is that she outgrew it (it is an 11.5).

The great thing about these gloves is the fact that they have virtually no break in time as the leather is soft and will also form to your DDs hand in time.My daughter tells me often that she will never use anything else and she might never need to as the 2 we purchased for her 3 years ago look like they will last her many more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish