New Fielders Glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 5, 2013
Time for a new fielders glove for 14U DD (and a new catcher's mitt, but that's for another day).

Her Easton Synergy SYN125FP is getting floppy and I figured I'd splurge for a longer term glove. Ordered three 12.5" gloves online and will return the two that aren't for her:

Nokona Buckaroo (BKF-1250BK)
Mizuno Global Elite (GGE10FPB)
Worth Liberty (LA125BL)

She really liked the Mizuno MVP Prime we saw in a big box store, but I wasn't sold on the quality.

After an initial try on, the Nokona and Worth are the leaders. If it ever stops pouring out, we're going to get outside and try them out before we make a decision.

Feb 5, 2013
Keep us posted on what you decide and why.

How do they compare in apparent size? Pics?

They are all very close in overall size. The Nokona, as expected, is a hair smaller than the other two and has a slightly shallower pocket than the others. The Liberty has the deepest pocket. First impression is the leather on all of them is beautiful. The Worth is slightly heavier than the Miz and the Nokona, but not significantly. The Worth, as expected, is slightly more broken in than the other two. All three will require some work, though.

I've never seen a glove with as small a hand opening as the Mizuno. I have very small hands and couldn't get my hand in it at all. It was fine for my peanut of a daughter.

I will try to post some pics tonight, Eric.

ItsJustAGameCoach!

Softball Sponge
Dec 7, 2014
Surprise Arizona
Do you think that all Mizuno's have smaller hand openings? I ask because my daughter can handle a larger glove, but I have to modify the hand opening by taking apart the lacing and re-tying it to be smaller or over tightening the velcro strap depending on which glove she uses. I would like to just find her one with a smaller opening.

Feb 5, 2013
Do you think that all Mizuno's have smaller hand openings? I ask because my daughter can handle a larger glove, but I have to modify the hand opening by taking apart the lacing and re-tying it to be smaller or over tightening the velcro strap depending on which glove she uses. I would like to just find her one with a smaller opening.

DD has tried three Mizunos: this one, her GXS92 catcher's mitt, and the MVP Prime. This is the only one that I couldn't get my hand in. The other two took a little to wiggle my hand in, but this one I had no shot. Maybe others can comment on their Mizuno experiences.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
DD has tried three Mizunos: this one, her GXS92 catcher's mitt, and the MVP Prime. This is the only one that I couldn't get my hand in. The other two took a little to wiggle my hand in, but this one I had no shot. Maybe others can comment on their Mizuno experiences.

I can use my DD's Miz MVP and GXS92 fairly easily (medium size man-paw, moderately-narrow fingers). I have not tried the Global Elite gloves.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Not sure how much each of those gloves cost, but if you are looking for a good long term glove, i would like to recommend you check out the Vinci gloves. Casedawg can hook you up with a good deal, and it may be the last glove you ever buy. My DD loves hers.

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
DD loved her Worth Liberty and still occasionally breaks it out to play 3rd with. We bought her a Vinci to pitch with because with the mesh back it was quite a bit lighter.

Feb 5, 2013
Not sure how much each of those gloves cost, but if you are looking for a good long term glove, i would like to recommend you check out the Vinci gloves. Casedawg can hook you up with a good deal, and it may be the last glove you ever buy. My DD loves hers.

I wouldn't mind paying the price of a Vinci, but I was able to get these shipped free both ways and have 100 days to evaluate them. That's really why I chose to get all three from the same online retailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish