New cf6

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Half the girls on my first-year 12U team have CF6s. There are drop -11s, drop -10s and one Insane, all either 31" or 32" long. I get to see what they can do three times a week. :)

First off, they do swing light but they weigh what they're supposed to. Second, they are slightly different-feeling than the 2013 CF5 models in terms of balance, with an ever so slight weighting a wee bit more toward the end of the bat. Third, they are hotter than a firecracker right out of the wrapper .... as hot as anything out there. Fourth, they sound a little different than the CF5, in a good way. Fifth, they have massive sweet spots. Sixth, the girls absolutely love them, and so do I.

I can't imagine a better bat for younger players. They swing light (but aren't) and have crazy amounts of pop. In fact, I'd say the drop -11 is probably my #1 recommendation for all younger girls (up to 11 or 12) followed very closely by the drop -10, which is a little bit better-suited to stronger or more mature youngsters. They are fantastic bats.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that my DD is not one of the six girls who swings a CF6, if that makes a difference to you. I'm not just blindly trumpeting the superiority of what my DD uses......

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2013
Half the girls on my first-year 12U team have CF6s. There are drop -11s, drop -10s and one Insane, all either 31" or 32" long. I get to see what they can do three times a week. :)

First off, they do swing light but they weigh what they're supposed to. Second, they are slightly different-feeling than the 2013 CF5 models in terms of balance, with an ever so slight weighting a wee bit more toward the end of the bat. Third, they are hotter than a firecracker right out of the wrapper .... as hot as anything out there. Fourth, they sound a little different than the CF5, in a good way. Fifth, they have massive sweet spots. Sixth, the girls absolutely love them, and so do I.

I can't imagine a better bat for younger players. They swing light (but aren't) and have crazy amounts of pop. In fact, I'd say the drop -11 is probably my #1 recommendation for all younger girls (up to 11 or 12) followed very closely by the drop -10, which is a little bit better-suited to stronger or more mature youngsters. They are fantastic bats.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that my DD is not one of the six girls who swings a CF6, if that makes a difference to you. I'm not just blindly trumpeting the superiority of what my DD uses......

I can echo Angels comments above. The CF6 line are truely badass bats. We have several girls using various models, mostly the -10. MY DD uses the insane 32/23. She is 5'2 90lbs. I will say that most girls her size tend to go for the -11 but she likes end loaded bats and doesn't have any trouble with it. Any version of the CF6 will provide great performance, so you might want to have your DD swing each of the different models and see which one feels right to her.

EDIT: The Insane is 32/22 (-10), sorry for the mistype.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2013
My daughter (10U, 5'3" 130lb.) tried 33" -10s of the CF6, CF6 Insane, 2014 Xeno, and the new LS LXT at a demo house this fall, and of all those bats, she hit the hardest with the LXT. She also said she liked the feel of the LXT better than the other bats. From what I saw of her hits, all of those bats had great pop, but the LXT had the best. (I also thought she hit the CF6 Insane just as good as the LXT, but she didn't like the feel as much.) Just our experience, there are plenty of other experiences as well.

Edit: I think the CF6 Insane might have been a -9, not a -10, now that I think about it.

My daughter (10U, 5'3" 130lb.) tried 33" -10s of the CF6, CF6 Insane, 2014 Xeno, and the new LS LXT at a demo house this fall, and of all those bats, she hit the hardest with the LXT. She also said she liked the feel of the LXT better than the other bats. From what I saw of her hits, all of those bats had great pop, but the LXT had the best. (I also thought she hit the CF6 Insane just as good as the LXT, but she didn't like the feel as much.) Just our experience, there are plenty of other experiences as well.

Edit: I think the CF6 Insane might have been a -9, not a -10, now that I think about it.
We have one girl on the team with a 32" drop -10 LXT. She likes it a lot but prefers her teammate's drop -10 CF6. Her dad is a TPS fan, though, and won't buy her a DeMarini. :)

The LXT swings very light, too, lighter IMHO than the Xeno. It's a great bat for younger girls, as well.

One thing .... at 5'3" and 130 lbs, wouldn't your DD be better off with a 32" bat? My 11 year old DD is about as strong a girl as you will ever find at her age ... she carries a 40 lb sack of dog food in each arm and walks all the way from the street and up a flight of stairs with them ... and she swings a (heavy) 32" SRV4B. She is 5'4" and 132 lbs. No one else on our 12U team can swing that bat effectively....

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2013

I just went and pulled the CF6 Insane out of her bag and its a -10. Their sales pitch is that its a -10 that swings like a -9 and I think that leads to some confusion about the actual drop. I know that I have gotten this confused as well.

Nov 15, 2013
We have one girl on the team with a 32" drop -10 LXT. She likes it a lot but prefers her teammate's drop -10 CF6. Her dad is a TPS fan, though, and won't buy her a DeMarini. :)

The LXT swings very light, too, lighter IMHO than the Xeno. It's a great bat for younger girls, as well.

One thing .... at 5'3" and 130 lbs, wouldn't your DD be better off with a 32" bat? My 11 year old DD is about as strong a girl as you will ever find at her age ... she carries a 40 lb sack of dog food in each arm and walks all the way from the street and up a flight of stairs with them ... and she swings a (heavy) 32" SRV4B. She is 5'4" and 132 lbs. No one else on our 12U team can swing that bat effectively....

I would have said the same thing as you, but she already spent her first 10U year swinging a 23 oz. bat, and she said the 33" -10 LXT felt lighter to her. I tried talking her into the 32", but she was adamant that it was too small, too light. I shrugged and bought the bat she wanted like a good daddy. She is a very strong girl though (her other sport is swimming), and she hit a 185' fence on the fly with that crappy 23" aluminum bat this summer so I expect the LXT will have her knocking it over the fence this winter or next spring.

Feb 7, 2013
DD likes her 2014 CF6 31/21. It is well-balanced and "light" coming off of a 2012 Rocketech (30/21) which runs heavy and is end-loaded. I don't think you can go wrong with a CF6 if you are looking for a balanced, composite bat.

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
my "little" one is 4' 3" and only 75lbs I am thinking 29/18 for her. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

My 9YO is about the same size and swings the 29/18 CF6. Its awesome, she loves it too. If you can find a deal on the CF5 its great too, although we think the CF6 is slightly better.

May 31, 2012
We picked up the CF6 Insane from eBay for $235. Look for sellers that accept offers and look at their previous sales to get an idea of how low they have gone in the past. When we did this, we found one seller that sold the CF6 Insane for $240. We offered $235 and they accepted. Just make sure the seller is an authorized dealer and will provide a receipt for the warranty.

How's your DD like the insane? What size? What bats has she swung recently to compare

Aug 14, 2013
How's your DD like the insane? What size? What bats has she swung recently to compare

She has the 32/22 Insane. It was pretty hot out of the wrapper and has gotten better now that it's broken in. She came from using an Easton Stealth 32/22. We looked at some of the 2014 Easton models (FX1, Mako, FS1) as well as some of the other Demarini CF6 models. In the end, it came down to the Insane or standard -10. The Insane has a really cool looking webbing at the connection point between the handle and the barrel and I think thats the part the actually sold her one it, to be honest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog