New cf6

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2013
So Cal
my "little" one is 4' 3" and only 75lbs I am thinking 29/18 for her. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Go to the Demarini website and find a local dealer and try them out. All bats that are within the same model/s of a manufacturer feel differently.

Our friend has a 29/18 CF5 (the light blue one, weighed 18.5 oz) which felt a little end loaded vs. the new CF6 30/19 (weighed 18.5 oz) which swung like a feather. I ended up buying a used white CF5 31/20. It feels somewhere in between and DD absolutely loved it after the first try. Better than the CF6 which she has swung a dozen times or so.

FYI, DD's friend is 11 yo 4-3 and 60 lbs. DD is 11 yo 4-8 and 65 lbs. The smallest starting SS and 2B of any All-star team we saw this summer.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
DD's teammate just got a brand new CF6 with a paint blem (BARELY noticeable) for $229 at closeoutbats.com.

Does it have a warranty?

Most blems void warranty which is why its cheaper. If its one of the few Demar blems that come with warranty, its a nice find. If it is no warranty, they got ripped off.

There is a chance with blems, so just make sure you understand the chance...that's why it says..."most" of the time its a slight paint imperfection ;)

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2011
Central Iowa
Has anyone bought from Bats unlimited before ? They have the best price I've seen on the CF6. Any info on them ?

Not familiar with Bats Unlimited, but I don't see them on the Demarini approved dealer list. If you intend on getting a -11, I'd try to purchase from an approved vendor, to insure warranty. As Core stated, Demarini may not cover under warranty a bat purchased at a discount site. While the -11 is an awesome bat, the CF5 models are definitely qualified to break. We haven't had the same issues with the CF6s yet, or any of their -10 bats.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Just ask them what company name will be on the receipt if you buy since Bats Unlimited isn't under Demar's approved dealer list.

1) There are a couple stores out there with many internet stores and names to try and beat manufacturer pricing policies. So when you buy a bat, the receipt will be from the "real" store.

2) Or, Demarini might be slow and not maintaining their list real well which is a possibility. It took Miken 2 years for them to finally get my name on their site. They just didn't really care about keeping the list up to date. They just said the customer could call them and they would tell the customer my store was gtg if there was a problem.

Jan 24, 2009
Is the cf6 hotter than the phenix? Just curious. Extra credibility to he/she who owns both!

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2010
Is the cf6 hotter than the phenix? Just curious. Extra credibility to he/she who owns both!

No. A broken in Phenix beats any Post ABI bats and 99% of Pre ABI. Smaller/younger girls benefit the most from the hot out of the wrapper new bats. As the girls get bigger and stronger, the older bats start to shine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrakesii