Never put your camera away

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Simo

Former High School Coach
May 26, 2008
Dunkerton Iowa
We were down in Florida for spring games my daughter's freshman year. The day that we long awaited was at hand. She was going to get her first start. We took the field first and I nervously started recording as she prepared to throw her first pitch. Well, her first college pitch bounced up the middle for a single. The next batter dropped a perfect bunt and suddenly there were two on and no outs. Being the superstitious pitcher's dad that I am, I shut off the camera assuming that it would make a difference. The next batter up squared again to move the runners to second and third. She popped up to the catcher who promptly fired to the SS who ran back to second and delivered a strike to the second baseman covering first for a triple play. It was the only triple play that I have ever seen in all the games that I have watched and it remains only in my mind. Suffice to say I was really ticked off for not having the confidence to keep the tape rolling. Live and learn. I am sure others of you out there have had similar experiences.

Feb 16, 2009
DD's first high school game 3/30. I got off work early, ran home to get my Flip to record her 1st HS game so was late walking toward field as she was batting - only made it to the RF fence and had to stop to watch her at bat - where she squarely hits a home run to RF right over my head - did I mention the Flip was still in my bag? First thing she asked - did you get it on tape?

Simo

Former High School Coach
May 26, 2008
Dunkerton Iowa
DD's first high school game 3/30. I got off work early, ran home to get my Flip to record her 1st HS game so was late walking toward field as she was batting - only made it to the RF fence and had to stop to watch her at bat - where she squarely hits a home run to RF right over my head - did I mention the Flip was still in my bag? First thing she asked - did you get it on tape?

At least you got to see it, LOL! My daughter was a line drive, singles and doubles hitter. I was able to see all her college games except for two. Guess what? You got it, she hit a home run at each of them. My wife was there and couldn't film her right hand with the other one. Maybe I should have stayed away from more games!

Simo

Former High School Coach
May 26, 2008
Dunkerton Iowa
Loras, the first game was against the University of Wisconsin River Falls. BTW, we ended up winning. She went on as a grad assistant pitching coach at Saint Cloud State and Hamline, while she was working on her doctorate.

May 11, 2009
Great college. You guys need to be proud of your DD's success'. Congrats to you all!!

Mike

Feb 6, 2009
Not often you see a triple play in baseball and even less in softball. My DD started one at U14 from CF. The ball was hit about 160 feet. She fired a strike home and for some reason the 3rd base coach had the girl tagging and she ran right into the catcher for out 2. The runner at second was hung 10 feet off second base and the catcher threw to SS for the tag and third out. Our coach, who's coached over 20 years said he had never seen one. I wish I had it on film.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy