Nervous like a expectant father

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2012
Aurora, IL
My team has finally reached the HS age. I have 8 girls that I and others have coached for a while trying out for the HS teams. I have to laugh that I sit here am nervous for them. I feel like an expectant father. I cannot wait to hear how they did. Yes one of them is my very own, and the rest will be doing this next year. I am looking forward to being a parent and just enjoying the experience.

Jun 18, 2010
I know how you are feeling. DD is a freshman this year, and we play HS ball in the fall. I had all those anxieties last August. I am glad that part is over. Good luck to you and your DD.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
sportinus, great news. Now sit back and enjoy. HS is a different animal and so, take it for what it is worth. IMO, that is a lot.

Oct 10, 2011
Great news! Would you believe ours is still going on after a week? I'm glad the coach let me know, otherwise, I'd be a basket case.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
A shared uneasyness fell upon all the parents of freshmen trying out.
DD is a freshman in day 2 of tryouts and for the first time I'm not there to observe. Totally in the dark until I pick her up. She said yesterday went well. After throwing and fielding she was catching the JV pitcher. A few minutes into it she was moved to the D1 signed Senior pitcher.

Today they hit and I'm hoping the work she's done in the off season shows through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors