Need Catcher's Glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 1, 2019
I bought the HOH PROCM34FP for myself about a year and a half ago, and still love it. DD had started throwing over 50 and getting a lot of movement on her drop and I was tired of my thumb paying for it. Break in took some work and a lot of reps but was about what you'd expect for a tank of a catchers glove. Without having a pitcher to catch very regularly, I could see it taking a good while though.

Dd's team catcher got a new Liberty Adv at about the same time as I got my HOH ands it's way more comfortable for her (13yr old). She tried using mine one day and still struggled to squeeze it. For a kid, unless she's an ox, may have a hard time hanging onto the ball until it gets really broken in. I've got at least 10k pitches caught in mine and it's still very rigid, ball stays put in the pocket, but its no where near "floppy". That being said, I've yet to have one sting my palm either, and our catchers liberty has allowed that to happen.

Oct 4, 2018
I bought the HOH PROCM34FP for myself about a year and a half ago, and still love it. DD had started throwing over 50 and getting a lot of movement on her drop and I was tired of my thumb paying for it. Break in took some work and a lot of reps but was about what you'd expect for a tank of a catchers glove. Without having a pitcher to catch very regularly, I could see it taking a good while though.

Dd's team catcher got a new Liberty Adv at about the same time as I got my HOH ands it's way more comfortable for her (13yr old). She tried using mine one day and still struggled to squeeze it. For a kid, unless she's an ox, may have a hard time hanging onto the ball until it gets really broken in. I've got at least 10k pitches caught in mine and it's still very rigid, ball stays put in the pocket, but its no where near "floppy". That being said, I've yet to have one sting my palm either, and our catchers liberty has allowed that to happen.

Thank you. Great info.

I've narrowed it down to the A2000 and the All Star AF Elite. I'm sure I can't go wrong with either.

My DD that pitches is getting bigger, stronger and faster every year. I don't catch for her much (because her sister is a catcher) but there are times I do. It hurts. I need a catchers mitt myself soon, most likely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles