Need Advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 21, 2008
Hal,
The first 15 to 20 minutes are warm ups, light running, and base sprinting drills. She does not like running, my unproffessional opinion is she does not seem to like softball and we could have found that out if she would have went through a proper tryout (my mistake.) She is not 8, she is 9-1/2, doesn't seem like much, but at that age a 1-1/2 years is a big difference in some kids.The older players you are reffering to are between 9-1/2 and one 11 yo, and the kids are very nice to each other, we keep a close eye on that. Her parents finally told me that she doesn't really want to "play infield or outfield" she only wants to pitch. The other 10 girls are responding very well and having a great time. In the end the parents and myself made the descision that is going to best benefit there daughter. I do appreciate the questions and comments, kids and parents won't remember much about this age unless we as coaches really screw up. I try to learn from other people's mistakes, so I hope somebody can learn from mine.

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez