Need advice regarding school ball and my DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2009
My daughter did form a bond with this coach which is what makes this hard for her. This is a great private school with great academics and sports so I don't feel that all was lost with this coach leaving. She still has a scholarship and the academics alone makes it worth it. She can still practice with the team but state rules will not allow her to practice or play with any travel team during high school ball. I also told her that this will most likely not be the last time that something like this happens to her. She loves her travel team and I told her to focus on mechanics and just get a lot of practice in until may. Just hard to see her so sad about something that she was so excited about just a few short weeks ago. As far as the school recruiting her, it does happen all the time here with the private schools. Is it fair, probably not but it's hard to turn down a scholarship that will offer better opportunities and I'm talking academics more so then sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what it's worth my DD decided to leave her public high school to go to a private school and had to sit as well. We are in Missouri and she did not fit any of the exceptions. There were a few JV games but not very many. What she learned that season is how much she loved softball and how much she missed playing. I hope things go well for DD and I understand the disappointment.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
We have a local Catholic high school that recruits from other cities in the area too. We are in Illinois. Not sure if Illinois has some type of rule that a student has to sit out a year or not. This school normally tries to get the athlete to come there as a freshman, so I think they probably get around the rule if there is one. They have taken (recruited) a few from my DDs high school that I know of. One of which went on to set several Illinois high school records as a pitcher. (most strike outs ever, most wins, lowest ERA)

This same school this year recruited another pitcher as a freshman that would have been at my DDs school. As an 8th grader last year, this girl no hit my DD's team. (16U) She should be a good one in the next couple of seasons.

Edit to add:124 victories, 100 shutouts, 54 no-hitters and 1,907 strikeouts -- all state records

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2016
Just wanted to clarify that she is on the team and found out there will be a jv. She is just going to have to make the best of it because going back to public school isn't an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06