Need advice on camps/clinics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 11, 2009
I see that you are located in Mississippi. I would recommend attending either the Mississippi State or Ole Miss softball camps. My daughter had been attending the Ole Miss camps ever since Windy Thees took over that program. She will be attending Ole Miss next fall and playing softball for the Rebels. When she was younger we would take her to various college camps within driving distance. Later on we focused on the schools she was interested in attending. She got to know the coaches and they got to know her.

Jul 17, 2012
O.K. so my DD has just turned 10 and will be going into her second year of Fastpitch.She has been playing ASA mostly local tournament ball and going to to a few local high school camps some very good others so so.She has done very well this fall season keeping just over .500 batting average and doing much better then most other girls against girls with real pitching speed and rarely striking out.So because she has done so well I need advice as to what camp/clincs may be worth me driving to because here in South Mississippi I can't find any profesionals that train young girls on anything other than pitching and she has gotten better as a player faster than I can am as a Coach.Thanks in advance

Well, I doubt any college scouts are targeting 10 year olds, so you can make your decision based on some other criteria. In many instances, camps are ways for Moms and Dads to see what types of drills/skills are worked on at the higher level. Pay attention. Incorporate some of what is demonstrated and practiced with your DD. If you don't work with her outside of her team practices for lack of interest... the camp will do little for your DD as far as improving her game. If you already DO, or are WILLING TO spend time working with her on your own....camps can be VERY valuable. YOU may learn more than your DD in a clinic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom