Need a new bag. Thoughts between these two?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2013
Bolingbrook, IL
DD has the Beast. She got in Feb 2013. It held up all season with just the mesh shoe bag on the bottom starting to tear a little bit. It's kind of a dumb place for a mesh pocket since that side gets dragged all over the place and bounced on curbs.

Unfortunately, it's retired for right now because her new TB team ordered matching bags so she wound up with the Easton catchers bag. It still fits everything but the Easton doesn't have hooks to hang the bag on the fence like the Beast did.

I told her to wear out the Easton quickly so she can go back to her Beast. :) The Easton is definitely lighter fabric.

Jul 23, 2013
DD is one her second Beast Bag and loves it. Starting on her second season with this one and it has no rips yet.

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
I use a Champro bag for all my catching gear. It has held up well and has lots of different compartments. I have learned that bats in side pockets on equipment bags tend to drag the ground...

E51.jpg

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Our team went to backpack style bags a couple of years ago - except for catchers, and we will never go back to rolling bags. Rolling bags hold a lot of crap....after my DD's last season with one, I bet it had 12-15 half empty water bottles in the bottom of it. The rolling bags also tear up because no matter how careful you are the fabric will occasionally drag on the ground.

We bought 3N2 backpacks 2 years ago and they still work great, although the black is now a little sun faded. It also has replaceable color front panels, so I bought a different color panel for her HS team and had it embroidered with the school logo and her name. For an extra $10 ($5 panel and $5 embroidery) my DD now has a custom bat bag for TB and HS.

Aug 23, 2011
illinois
I've got two Boombah Beast bags one is 5 or 6 yrs old faded and abused but still doing its job. The other is on its 3rd season
A few rips but holding up well.DD just landed a full time catchers gig and I think we are going with the Boombah Brute
this time around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet