Recommendations for a new catcher bat bag.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
DD had one last year for TB. The wheels were probably the best thing about the bag followed closely by it's durability. The major knock on this bag, like many other bags that load bats on the bottom of the equipment, is that most of them are soft-sided which can be problematical putting bats back in after use when full. That said, DD carries 4 bats and can fit a 5th if need be. There's plenty of room for everything.
DD just carries two bats. Saw where a guy put 3"pvc tubing in there to remedy that bat problem. Glad to hear it's durable! Thanks.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
To the Boombah Brute club; is there a place to hold keys/phone? DD is driving now and a dedicated small compartment is also a need.
That's another downfall of the Easton...the personal pocket's too small to hold anything more than a cellphone. DD has had both the Brute and the Beast in the past. There plenty of room in their "personal pockets " on the end of the bag for all three on one side and batting gloves and other small items on the other.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
That's another downfall of the Easton...the personal pocket's too small to hold anything more than a cellphone. DD has had both the Brute and the Beast in the past. There plenty of room in their "personal pockets " on the end of the bag for all three on one side and batting gloves and other small items on the other.
Thanks! DD really liked the look of the Brute. After some more research, I ordered one this evening. Seems like the best bang for the buck.

Mar 1, 2016
Boombah stuff is good, but why give them ALL of your money? Look at the Tanel 360 R.A.G.E. It has a lot of room, and the cleats are stored in the OUTSIDE of the bag so the rest of it doesn’t fill up with dirt so fast. Lots of other pockets for keeping stuff organized, including a padded pocket for the ever important, always nearby cell phone. DD has been catching for 10 years, and this is the best bag she’s ever had. She has used Easton, LS, Boombah, and Rawlings, and none of them held up the way the Tanel has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Got the Brute in yesterday. Plenty of room for everything and then some. DD likes a one giant pocket bag and this fits the bill! Going to try the pvc tubes to eliminate difficulties getting bats in bag.

Mar 9, 2015
Have tried different catchers bags over the years, the Boombah Brute has held up the best for us. Our team also has two old Brutes bags to use for equipment and no problems.

May 19, 2016
Boombah stuff is good, but why give them ALL of your money? Look at the Tanel 360 R.A.G.E. It has a lot of room, and the cleats are stored in the OUTSIDE of the bag so the rest of it doesn’t fill up with dirt so fast. Lots of other pockets for keeping stuff organized, including a padded pocket for the ever important, always nearby cell phone. DD has been catching for 10 years, and this is the best bag she’s ever had. She has used Easton, LS, Boombah, and Rawlings, and none of them held up the way the Tanel has.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought a Tanel 360 bag for my 12U DD for Christmas, and to be honest I have a little bit of buyer's remorse, though she seems to be okay with it. It's just not as roomy as either of us expected.

She asked for a bag that had internal compartments. I researched quite a bit a while back and it came down to Tanel 360 and No Errors. She chose the Tanel (had I realized I could buy a separate compartment insert for the Boombah Beast I would have included that in the mix).

DD is an average sized 11 year old, and all her catcher gear plus her batting helmet, fielding glove and mask just barely fits in the Tanel - and she had to take out the velcro compartment divider to make it work. Defeated the reason for choosing a compartmentalized bag in the first place.

She ended up having to put her fielder glove inside her batting helmet. Like TexAg said, among the separate outside compartments are two pockets for cleat storage, but she had to put her catcher mitt (with a ball inside it) in one of them because she didn't want to store it inside her catcher mask. Her fielder mask is in the other cleat pocket. Fortunately, she's used to storing her cleats separately anyway.

After all that, there's - maybe - enough room to jam a 12" inch softball in the main compartment. Maybe two if you were determined.

The Tanel is not a bag where you can just toss your stuff in, zip it up and be on your way. There is an exact system to packing her gear just the right way to get it all to fit. It's not unmanageable, but it does take a little extra time to pack it.

I didn't major in packaging science so there may be a better way to get things to fit. If Texag has a suggestion, I'm all ears.

Wondering if the Boombah would have been the better choice. There's just one big zipper panel on the top of the Beast bag, which would seem to allow for easier access to the contents than the two smaller panels on top of the Tanel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22