Need a little technical help with DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
redhotcoach - Would you say that's what she's doing and also what would you do to get her to fully extend through the ball?

I believe extension is a downstream result of an explosive launch, not something to work on...an indicator in video analysis something early in the swing is off, or lead arm pulling off zone early, but not something to work on. I believe anything post contact (which I do not look much at.....it is POST contact) that is off with her, would look different if she was not hitting a heavy tcb ball. That violent pullback would serve better starting at go...the pullback launching the barrel. (that is why I pulled out the Kinsler gif this weekend for another girl.)

It looks like she is working on getting some stretch in her rear hip socket, my advice would be to turn her rear foot in a bit so that it is not open, and continue to work on her load, getting that stretch tight as possible and get her feeling what happens when she pulls back against that stretch...the rear leg turning and the back pulling back....rag wring in the rear hip.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877