My Man Card---REVOKED!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Well, DD had her first practice with her new team last night after being out of any type of athletics for an entire year after spinal fusion surgery. The rust was evident on taking grounders at short, but no too bad considering everything. She also had to run first to third and slide into third, and then third to home, and slide into home. She was scared to say the least. The slide attempts were ugly.....like first attempt at 10U ugly lol.

So on the way home, we were discussing practice and of course I was giving her a hard time about the slide attemps, and we were laughing and having a good time. She says she had a great time, and new team was fun. Says she is fine with whatever position she ends up at....just glad to be back at the game. I am sitting, mostly listening, and I say I am glad that she had a good time, and the moment hit me. I get out "I still love to watch you play" and lose it. There I am sitting there crying like a baby in the car, on the way home. Had to turn and look out the window and compose myself a little.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Your DD has been through a lot (spinal fusion surgery). So, you get a pass....I've gotten something in my eyes a few times over my DD.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Thanks for sharing. The journey is way too short to begin with. Losing an entire year to that type of injury must be incredibly tough. I also think you deserve a pass ;)

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Ah, context is an amazing thing. You have a tea party by yourself....you lose your man card. You have it with your baby girl, and you get a notch in the card. Feel free to add your notch.

Oct 9, 2013
II softball..u get a pass! I almost lost it a couple of times this year with dd. Just seeing some of the hard work paying off. I always wear shades now, lol. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles