My instructor turned 70 this weekend.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Well gotta send a shout out to the most influential sports person I know. This guy has lived and breathed the diamond game all his life. He has really been a guiding light to me and DD learning and developing the softball side of it. And to be honest I think it was just as much fun learning softball for him, as DD is the only female pitcher in the whole family.

This weekend he traveled 19 hours to watch my nephew play his Semi Pro playoffs. My nephew had set up a surprise with the coaches and fans. During the forth inning, time was called, a cake was presented and all the players-coaches-fans stood up and sang happy birthday to my dad who turned 70 years old on that day. ( nephew said about 400 in attendance )

My father went on to tell the announcer that the last 33 years he has spent his birthday on the field or traveling to a tournament to watch his boys or now the grand children. He only missed one year in those 33 due to kidney stones, which he says are THE most pain he has ever felt. Of coarse traveling is much easier since he retired.

They sat out in the crazy dad section, due to my mother ( handicapped ) couldnt find a good access for the grand stands. He is usually camped right behind home plate, and if you ever need an education on pitching, he's your man. :)

Thanks Dad for all you've done helping me with DD.

d2f22069.jpg
[/IMG]

My nephew signing autographs before the games, he said that's a pretty cool feeling.

5f6d79d4.jpg
[/IMG]

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I hope I look as fit as your dad when I turn 70.

Funny part is he probably ate that whole cake by himself.....that night......he loves sweets ( mom can't diabetic ) and won't gain a pound. I would have gained 5 pounds from just the lady handing it to me.

This year he has been from FL to OK to NY and all inbetween watching the grand kids. I always tease him that I'm not going to have a dime of inheritance left at his pace of traveling. He says that's his plan, he wants us to be "sad" when he's gone. :) If he leaves us money we might be glad he's gone.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2009
He says that's his plan, he wants us to be "sad" when he's gone. If he leaves us money we might be glad he's gone.

Sounds like he's a helluva guy with the right attitude about life in general and what's important. All of us could learn a thing or two from him. You're a lucky man to have him as an example of how to live your life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG