MY CollegeEexperiences

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2014
Actually my daughters and some of her friends.
I ran a travel ball program from 2011-2012 where four of my six seniors are now playing college softball as freshmen.
I was guided by an acquaintance who was the Brooklyn College coach so here goes.
First off, many tournaments and show cases are just money making venues with very little chance of success.
Ditto for travel teams, so choose wisely.
Upon his recommendation I took my daughter (catcher) and her best friend (pitcher) to this individual showcase in January of 2013.
Home - Fastpitch Nation
If your girls are pitchers/catchers this one is highly recommended
A few weeks later my daughter was contacted by a D 3 school in Westchester county where she was able to obtain academic scholarships where she is now attending.
The pitcher--who comes from a very poor, fatherless home--got a full scholarship totaling over $47,000 to a Catholic college not far from N.Y.C.
She actually had about 5 offers from private colleges before accepting one of them.
My shortstop was discovered at a team college showcase in Brooklyn and got a partial 2 year (D2) scholarship while the 4th (center field) is attending a D3 State University and made the team during the fall tryout.
Incidentally, the shortstop had a video produced that was played on Youtube which got her a lot of attention.
I was actually surprised as to how much opportunity there is for college scholarships, however--my daughter quit the team after the fall season because the softball commitment was greatly interfering with her academics--something to consider before accepting an athletic scholarship.
Well--hope this helps.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah