My 2 DD hitting today

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 14, 2008
Hey Yall thanks for the discussion. I dont have all the stuff to put a gif next to someone else and compare. IMO she isnt getting enough drive off her back leg either. Her college coach is working on her not being so straight legged to help get her hips to help give more power and drive. She is a very strong girl and gets alot of pop out of her bat. I think her biggest asset is her bat speed and the strength in her hands

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
My thought is more in the frame of the upper body resisting the action of the lower....pulling back.... creating stretch.....stretch and fire.

Fielder2_Hands.gif

Oct 25, 2009
Do the mouse test. Put the mouse pointer on the front foot. I don't see the rear leg spinning as much as I see it just going to the toe.
kayla_zpsd67d3b5c.gif

Needs to drive off of the rear leg/foot.

She needs to drive the hip, not with the foot, though. Take another look at Bustos. Her rear foot becomes pulled, rather than it driving.

Oct 25, 2009
crystalbustos1.gif

This is rear foot/leg drive.
kayla_zpsd67d3b5c.gif

This is what it looks like when the hips drive the rear foot/leg

Nope, she's not releasing the rear foot. Look at Bustos' rear foot. See her rear toe being pulled? The lower batter is not letting her knee bend so her hip can shift.

Or closer to the point, she's stuck on her rear foot.

Feb 14, 2010
RD,

She is not using her rear hip at all. She's all back all forward, not forward yet stay back. You really need to learn the lower half mechanics better. You've missed diagnosed things in my DDs swing and others. This is what causes new dads problem. People come here to learn and frankly you are not one to give advice, sorry for being so blunt. Focus on your DD

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I guess I am old school with terms and what I see.

What I look for in fast speed swings is how the hands line up with the back leg stripe of the pants, and how long they stay there before release.
If they fly past then, connection is lost in my opinion.

SL

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
RD,

She is not using her rear hip at all. She's all back all forward, not forward yet stay back. You really need to learn the lower half mechanics better. You've missed diagnosed things in my DDs swing and others. This is what causes new dads problem. People come here to learn and frankly you are not one to give advice, sorry for being so blunt. Focus on your DD

You been on the mens hitting sites to long... Lighten up

If people give advice you dont agree with, let the original poster figure it out

SL

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2010
RD,

Lets get one thing straight I don't need anyone holding my hand, that you can be sure of. I'm glad your not going to give advice, it will help future hitters. Stick to making gifs, cause you are good at it.

RD,

Lets get one thing straight I don't need anyone holding my hand, that you can be sure of. I'm glad your not going to give advice, it will help future hitters. Stick to making gifs, cause you are good at it.

Is it so hard to simply state you don't agree with someone then explain the reasons why in way that is helpful then the OP can look at the two things being said and in conjunction with the players coach make a decision on anything that might need to be improved upon. Especially in this case when the girl has a college coach that is already working with her.

To the OP...sorry for derailing the thread, I can tell you have already worked hard with your first DD and continued good luck with your younger one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse