My 2 DD hitting today

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 21, 2013
I agree. Lighten up. If you know the advice is bad then you are not the one that is hurt. Let the original poster figure it out. They can visit a men's site also if they want to.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
tatum_zps7050c3aa.gif

Tatum

I do believe Tatum could use some ideas and drills to work on. Just what I notice is ; no hand/elbow/scap (whatever you choose to call it) loading. She pushes all forward, then spins.

Also, she is late on most pitches....I really don't like pitching machines...it has to be hard for a young child who hasn't build really good habits, to keep up with a machine set at high speed. Like pitching, I think the goal of hitters should be to develop the best 14+ year olds, not the best 10 year old. By the time a girl has reached the age she needs to worry about high speed, you should have some good pitchers for live bp. Build habits with tee work and front toss. Keep drilling load/be ready SLOW AND EARLY...and she should do well against any pitchers.
Last thought...with an older dd I am sure you know this, but a lot of people read that don't post....let your kid strike out!

R

RayR

I like the slow and early thought....if she can control that she will be way ahead of the game....and this doesn't mean just pull the ball....

I do believe Tatum could use some ideas and drills to work on. Just what I notice is ; no hand/elbow/scap (whatever you choose to call it) loading. She pushes all forward, then spins.

Also, she is late on most pitches....I really don't like pitching machines...it has to be hard for a young child who hasn't build really good habits, to keep up with a machine set at high speed. Like pitching, I think the goal of hitters should be to develop the best 14+ year olds, not the best 10 year old. By the time a girl has reached the age she needs to worry about high speed, you should have some good pitchers for live bp. Build habits with tee work and front toss. Keep drilling load/be ready SLOW AND EARLY...and she should do well against any pitchers.
Last thought...with an older dd I am sure you know this, but a lot of people read that don't post....let your kid strike out!