Mother's Day

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
The local rec league usually starts the day before Mothers' Day. Sometimes snow during the games.

DW gets upset if I am not around on Mothers' Day. One time I in England on business, with a flight home the day before Mothers' Day. Due to a volcano in Iceland, the flight was delayed a few hours, and then we had to fly extra north to bypass Iceland. We changed planes in the Twin Cities, and the airport was closed by the time we landed. And, my "unique" suitcase wasn't so unique, so someone else grabbed it. I wound up having to spend the night in a hotel in the Twin Cities with a suitcase full of women's clothing. I did get back to Madison on Mothers' Day, but DW was still a little annoyed. (and yes, I was able to get the suitcases exchanged).

Jun 13, 2012
No debate for us - one of the biggest tournaments in our neck of the woods is on Mother's Day; it was one of three that we identified in September as being "must dos" for the coming season.

Of course it helps being a couple hours away in another country, the moms get to have Mothers Day on the road.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
We almost always played. . .many times we brought flowers and cupcakes, or cake for the moms. One tournament that is an annual event gives every mother of a player a rose.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
My husband and I are both fortunate enough to still have our mother's. He will visit his, and I will hear from my kids, but other than that - play ball.

Oct 2, 2012
As a mom I don't have a problem with DDs playing on Mother's Day. I think it's the grandmas that everyone wants to keep happy.

Jan 3, 2014
DS has had a baseball tournament on Mother's Day every year since he started playing traveling ball. His teams have been pretty strong and have happened to win the tournaments so far. They are fast starters. As the season wears on, other teams catch up, but that's a different discussion. Every year the Dads get flowers for all the mothers, and the boys pose for pictures with their Moms after the trophy presentations. Filthy kids with giant grins and small trophies, along with proud Mothers with giant grins, and a fist full of flowers. We frame them. It's neat.

If there was a Father's Day equivalent to this with DD, I'd be thrilled.

Jun 29, 2013
My initial impression was 'there's no way in hell my wife wants us playing on Mother's Day,' but the more I think about it, the more she might enjoy having all of us gone for the day at a tourney (provided we don't have a 6:00 am departure so the little one won't still be asleep.) My wife hates pretty much everything to do with any sport, unless it's ridiculously easy on the parent like rec. soccer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp