More bad news for Auburn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Great post!

What's on the list now DHEA? Creatine?...
Is it women that can get into more trouble at GNC, due to the elevated hormone levels they can get from various products they can take?

I believe so. Jake has a list of banned substances. Also if it is not FDA approved she has to stay away during the season. One of the very few things she looks forward to when she is done at SC is to be able to use whatever pre/post workout she wants. Breaking a team rule and a little legal trouble that will most likely go away is nothing compared to failing a test for a banned substance.

Oct 2, 2015
Eric, with all due respect, this was not my experience. I grew up in a housing projects. Drugs were the norm as was crime. I've been stabbed, had guns shoved into my back and told that I had breathed my last breath ... I have been beaten with a ball bat and left for dead. All of that was due to drug addicts. I've seen death from overdoses etc. I'm an old fart and not PC. I know what I know from experience. The guys I know who started with weed, progressed to every imaginable drug, robbery, ... I'm not hip to legalization.

Per these young ladies or any other people. Life is about consequences both good and bad. Do the crime and do the time. It is no different in life. I have been in some tough situations were I knew that if I did what I was going to do, I'd have to pay. I paid. Today, in a faculty meeting, a topic was brought up. The faculty called out my name. I knew/know there might be a price to pay for what I would say. I said it. I "did the crime" and now I am a man and I'll do the time.

Cannonball, What you wrote right here is what many people will never understand.
Most people are extremely naive when it comes to what can happen when kids, or adults, start out doing drugs.
Most people are extremely unaware as to how many people start out innocently enough with "just smokin' weed"...and end up on the hard stuff.
Most people are extremely unaware as to how many people around them, and in their community, are currently addicted to pain killers, meth or other drugs...it's right in front of them and they ignore it or they refuse to see it.

Thanks for sharing, man!

Dec 11, 2010
Cannonball, What you wrote right here is what many people will never understand.
Most people are extremely naive when it comes to what can happen when kids, or adults, start out doing drugs.
Most people are extremely unaware as to how many people start out innocently enough with "just smokin' weed"...and end up on the hard stuff.
Most people are extremely unaware as to how many people around them, and in their community, are currently addicted to pain killers, meth or other drugs...it's right in front of them and they ignore it or they refuse to see it.

Thanks for sharing, man!

Too many of us are looking at this cannabis thing from a year 2000 point of view. A place where cannabis was smoked and was 4%THC. And yes, most don't know what can happen because it didn't happen to them.

There is more to this story than most want to see. And it's currently the cool thing to say "Just legalize it and tax it."

Just a few years ago average weed was 4% THC. Now decent cannabis buds are 18-30% THC.

It wasn't enough that they made weed legal for these people. Within a year the black market across the country saw a flood of 75% THC "products" in the form of dabs, wax, shatter, butane hash oil etc. In my area most of it comes out of Colorado and some of it was legally purchased there. Is it addictive? Is it mind altering? I don't think anyone knows yet. I know it is strong enough to be at least mildly hallucinogenic. I know that I have seen people pulled over on the side of the road so high they can't speak. I know that at least one had drool running down his chin and was unresponsive. Can you overdose on weed? No say all the Facebook and newspaper commenters. Kinda seems like we are headed that way though.

Overall, this issue adds to a bigger issue. It is that we are fostering a culture of non-compliance. It has become completely ok to break the rules you don't like. People will even support you and shield you from consequence if you do.

People, we are headed for a world where it's ok to ignore a bunt sign. Is that what you want? (Yes I'm kidding now)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2009
2) Why do so many people volunteer to have new taxes levied upon them? I just don't get it. It's always "legalize it and TAX it" as if that somehow makes it ok.

The so-called "Sin" taxes are easily passed by government -- Pot, Booze and Cigarettes. The "Good" people are not effected by it. Easy add to the ever-expanding tax base.

Feb 7, 2013

Thanks for sharing, man!

One thing to remember is that the age limit to legally buy marijuana is 21 years old. Adults that should be able to make a more mature decision about whether or not they want to use it. Same as alcohol. Not sure marijuana is a gateway drug for adults who recreationally use when they first started as an adult?

I do find it a little ironic that some people who are very outspoken about not having the government dictating our lives, see no problem with taking away a persons right to decide if they want to buy marijuana for recreational use as an adult.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Let's see what happens this week and what the penalties are. There will be legal consequences, too.
My son went to rehab for marijuana use. I know the drawbacks.
As far as the illegal use goes, I would be concerned about who bought the weed, from whom, and how MY money was wasted on an illegal product. Nothing is without consequences.
Respect for the team, seems to be lacking, I think, if you would jeopardize a life long goal.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
The so-called "Sin" taxes are easily passed by government -- Pot, Booze and Cigarettes. The "Good" people are not effected by it. Easy add to the ever-expanding tax base.

Understood, but it doesn't matter if it's the good, bad, or indifferent people affected.
Why volunteer to have more taxes levied upon anyone or anything?

May 20, 2015
the gateway theory has been pretty soundly debunked

while i agree that use by adolescents with a still developing mind is not a good thing for anyone, legalization actually does a better job keeping it out of the hands of minors than criminalization ever did

kids in my high school can get their hands on illicit drugs a lot easier than they can get their hands on booze.....

not to completely derail this thread, but the willful ignorance of many within our government to look at the medicinal uses is astounding - the early research into cancer fighting properties, brain healing properties (think CTE), the pain relief properties of some of the compounds found within cannabis bear huge promise......10-20 years from now we're going to look back at this and wonder what took us so long

bottom line is these girls broke a law, outdated or not, as well as team/school/NCAA rules......they'll lose some time, hopefully they'll smarten up.......but that's all this really deserves

i mean it's not like they didn't shake hands with an opposing coach after a game.......hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma