Monday brag thread 7-18

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
I finally have something to brag about but there wasn't a Monday brag thread yet...somebody is slacking.:p
Last tournament of the season the girls pulled out 1st place! One loss put us in the losers bracket and they battled all the way through to pull it out, including two late game come from behind wins in elimination games. DD was solid at the plate with the exception of one game, and zero errors the entire tourney.

Capitol City Invite1 medium.jpg

Even the team mascot got a medal. This picture of my baby boy is too cute not to post lol.

Tyson with trophy medium.jpg

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
Team went 5-0-1 in the showcase this weekend. They are playing really well. Unfortunately we are heading to the surface of the sun this week (Raleigh, NC) where temps will be approaching 128 degrees real feel. We are traveling with 9 players only. Going to be an interesting showcase. Good luck to everyone this week/weekend.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DD 3's 13u team entered a pretty tough 14u tournament. They are a B team, and there were a few A teams in the tournament, and some very tough 14U B teams. In fact, one of the 14u B teams they played won the tournament. An A team they played took the Silver bracket. DD 3's team took 3rd in the silver.

By far the sweetest moment of the tournament --

DD 3's organization had 3 teams in the 14u division. Their better and lesser 14u teams, and a 13u team. In the first bracket game, DD 3's 13u team played against, and beat, the lesser 14u team. DD 3 played 1B. Run ruled, but ...

Most of the girls on DD 3's 13u team, and a few of the girls on the lesser 14u team, played together in West Madison Little League. There was one really sweet former WMLL girl on the other team who hits with power, but amazingly had never popped one over the fence. I remember how much DD 3 used to like playing with this girl. and how DD 3 complained that people underrated this other girl's softball playing ablities.

Suddenly, BAM! Over the center field fence. The girls on the teams knew each other, so all the girls, and parents, for both teams cheered her as she went around the bases, to meet with the smiling faces of her teammates. DD 3 patted the girl on the back as she rounded first base, then went to cheer up the pitcher. DD 3's team run ruled them, but this was a rare bright moment for another team in the organization.

After the game the pitcher signed the ball, and the slugger had her picture taken with the pitcher. Both the pitcher and the batter are the sweetest kids around. They and their parents all like each other.

I got to congratulate the girl's parents and grandfather that day, and I saw the girl the next day to congratulate her in person. Couldn't have happened to a nicer kid.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
TCS World Series 12U - Maddie's team went 2-1-1 in pool games and made the gold bracket. That was a pretty big deal for a mid-level (mostly) 04 team. Unfortunately, we went 2-and-que in bracket games (one terrible game against another DFP'ers DD, and one very tight game decided by a mental error). Over 6 games, Maddie went 7-for-14, leading her team in hits, average, and slugging.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06