Monday brag 8-29

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
T-4 days until we get the word that DD is On/Off the team.

I am getting pics of DD with her hopeful new SEC teammates. She said the head coach (back from her NPF gig) is saying her name!! I know she is practicing her butt off and also hammering her 17 credit hours of Pre-Med. Life is going to be a boring coast after this.....

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I'm playing in a fall recreational league that my coach up coach coaches. My team's just sponsored by a local business. When I'm not playing for them, I'm playing field hockey in school. Our first game is next Tuesday.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
DD #2 played in her first 3 games of 12u TB (after finishing 10u rec). Pitched 2.3 innings (against a team made up of many former teammates of hers), gave up 1 earned run (5 total), and hit a triple. She had been nervous about the transition, and when the coach put her in to start the game against her teammates, it was amplified even more. The 1st batter she faced used to be one of her better friends (they had played together since t-ball), but they had a falling out last year. So of course DD2 got her to ground out back to her. I think the game did a lot to boost her confidence. We know we're in for some rough games ahead as a 1st-year 12u team, but we look forward to the improvements that are coming.

DD #1 had practice...

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
DD's TB and HS catcher, and best friend since they were 6, has committed to play softball for Georgia Tech next season! HS season started slow, but has picked up this week. Hope the trend continues.

Jun 12, 2015
DD's TB and HS catcher, and best friend since they were 6, has committed to play softball for Georgia Tech next season! HS season started slow, but has picked up this week. Hope the trend continues.

We went to see Tech v UGA this past season. I went to UGA but found myself rooting for Tech anyway. UGA absolutely killed them. Tech had one pitcher available that day. They pretty much had to leave her in and she got rocked. I don't remember the score but it was double digits to a very low number. Pitcher (Jenna Goodrich) impressed the hell out of me. I think if I'd been her I'd have broken down in tears at some point but she was very poised and never gave up. Finally at the end of the game they put in a girl (can't remember her name) who wasn't even on the team as a pitcher. She pitched on her TB team but had never pitched a college game. She went out and shut them down though. UGA looked great and it was fun to watch them play but I was definitely impressed with the way Tech handled a pretty crushing defeat. Then after the game they stayed around to chat with our girls and sign autographs. Again, I probably would've wanted to sit in the locker room and cry. haha

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We went to see Tech v UGA this past season. I went to UGA but found myself rooting for Tech anyway. UGA absolutely killed them. Tech had one pitcher available that day. They pretty much had to leave her in and she got rocked. I don't remember the score but it was double digits to a very low number. Pitcher (Jenna Goodrich) impressed the hell out of me. I think if I'd been her I'd have broken down in tears at some point but she was very poised and never gave up. Finally at the end of the game they put in a girl (can't remember her name) who wasn't even on the team as a pitcher. She pitched on her TB team but had never pitched a college game. She went out and shut them down though. UGA looked great and it was fun to watch them play but I was definitely impressed with the way Tech handled a pretty crushing defeat. Then after the game they stayed around to chat with our girls and sign autographs. Again, I probably would've wanted to sit in the locker room and cry. haha

GT softball has been struggling, but it is a great academic school and the Hope Scholarship makes it easy for them to sign players from GA. Rumor is there will be a coaching change next season, so things could improve!

Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
GT softball has been struggling, but it is a great academic school and the Hope Scholarship makes it easy for them to sign players from GA. Rumor is there will be a coaching change next season, so things could improve!

Oh WOW! That will be interesting. Interesting indeed.

Jun 12, 2015
I was talking to one of the parents who was there watching the game, and she said their main pitcher was injured, which was part of it. It was a rough game for sure but they handled it gracefully.

May 12, 2016
Daughter's team earned a silver medal in the 12U A division provincial championship. My daughter is a 11 year old and hits right and they were facing fast pitching. During the championship game; First at bat, triple down the 3rd base line, 2nd at bat, 200 ft bomb into the wind, 3rd at bat infield hit. Unfortunately she was the last out for the tournament with a pop up to short. The pitcher she was facing threw hard and did not throw one change up the whole game. Coach figured out that my daughter had no issues hitting the fastball, so they threw her a changeup on the first pitch and my daughter was way out infront of it and popped it up.

She finished the game with 3 RBI's and went 3 for 4. She was awarded MVP. Not bad for her first year of playing competitive ball against the best 12u players in the province.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles