Monday brag 6-6

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
Went 0-3 Saturday with two 1-run losses and one 3-run loss. Trying some new things and in one game we were short a couple for a school event.

Sunday we went 4-0 and won it all. Got on a roll half way through the first game of the day and it never stopped. First game was close.... championship game was not.

I love it when a team battles out of the loser's bracket and wins it all. I am all about the underdog! Congrats!!!

Nov 3, 2015
Vienna, VA
Won our first tournament this weekend (12U). State championship level USSSA tournament - undefeated. Girls really starting to believe in what is going on here and the hard work is showing. DD was a triples monster this weekend (7 in 5 games - WHEELS!).

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
Another near home run hit by my daughter….they called it a double since they claimed it got tangled by the fence before going over. She was already heading to home by this point. Last time it went over alone left foul line…the time before it hit the top of the fence. 3 almost home runs this season. Not bad for a girl who once considered herself only a contact hitter.

Pitching wise she did good. The coach had both pitchers pitch in every game. 1 game she pitched 3 innings with a no hitter…another game, she walked the first two batters, fielded a bunt and overthrew 1st base resulting in the only run against her in 3 innings she pitched…she also got an out while playing 2nd. 3rd game, she struggled an entire inning, not pretty at all. 4th game, she came in with the other team ahead 8-0. Pitched 3 pitches for 3 outs…2 to ss and one she fielded on a bunt. next inning had only one base hit. The team started to hit but it is was too little too late, ended up losing 8-4. Oh she also got an out in right outfield.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Another near home run hit by my daughter….they called it a double since they claimed it got tangled by the fence before going over. She was already heading to home by this point. Last time it went over alone left foul line…the time before it hit the top of the fence. 3 almost home runs this season. Not bad for a girl who once considered herself only a contact hitter.

Pitching wise she did good. The coach had both pitchers pitch in every game. 1 game she pitched 3 innings with a no hitter…another game, she walked the first two batters, fielded a bunt and overthrew 1st base resulting in the only run against her in 3 innings she pitched…she also got an out while playing 2nd. 3rd game, she struggled an entire inning, not pretty at all. 4th game, she came in with the other team ahead 8-0. Pitched 3 pitches for 3 outs…2 to ss and one she fielded on a bunt. next inning had only one base hit. The team started to hit but it is was too little too late, ended up losing 8-4. Oh she also got an out in right outfield.

Thrilled to hear she is playing on a team and getting lots of time.

Oct 2, 2015
This weekend, oldest DD was 5 for 8, 4 HRs and a Dbl....
10 HRs and 13 DBLs, on the year to date...

Last edited:
May 22, 2015
Illinois
We played in a tournament in Mattoon, IL over the weekend. It was supposed to be a 7 GG, but naturally it rained all day Saturday. We got in 6 games and went 3 & 3, and lost one game 1-0 in the 5th inning. Overall as a team they did well. DD struggled a bit and ended up going 3 for 11 with two walks. She struck out 4 times and made 3 errors, which is pretty unusual for her this year. It just wasn't her weekend. Umps were calling some pretty wide strikes, and she got called out stealing home on a play that she was clearly safe on. The throw beat her, but the tag didn't come until her slide had stopped and her foot was in the middle of home plate. I had to go for a walk to calm down a bit after that one. I'm proud of her for battling though. Things weren't going her way but she kept pushing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes