Monday brag 6-6

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
How did everyone do this weekend?

My DD's team won their first-ever championship. Our tourney didn't make so we ended up jumping in on a CAM tournament. We're used to mostly losing; the winner's bracket was kind of boring. haha Lots of down time between games. They were undefeated all day. My DD pitched in the championship, had to strike out her best friend for the final at bat in the final game for the win. They hugged afterwards, very cute.

She hit a homerun too. Wouldn't have been in our normal tournaments but she put it over right field's head and made it around. The ball hit her on the throw home which is why she limps off the field. For a second I thought she'd hurt herself sliding, which was kind of scary. But no, just a ball to the thigh.

[video]https://youtu.be/6VhdYd9hvH8[/video]

Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
My DD played RF for a game (she is usually catcher) and made a diving catch one inning. Hope the Go-Pro got it. Then she fielded a ground ball and threw to 3rd to get the runner who started at first who thought she could take two - WRONG!

She came back in the dugout and said - "WOW - RF is fun!"

Jun 12, 2015
My DD played RF for a game (she is usually catcher) and made a diving catch one inning. Hope the Go-Pro got it. Then she fielded a ground ball and threw to 3rd to get the runner who started at first who thought she could take two - WRONG!

She came back in the dugout and said - "WOW - RF is fun!"

That's awesome. It seems like the outfield starts to get fun in 10U. Our usual 2B played right field for an inning this weekend and made a really great play, getting an out at 1B. My kid said after that she wanted to play right field some more :D It seems like in all those "greatest plays" videos for baseball and softball like 95% of them are outfield plays. My older DD plays left field on her baseball team and she made a couple of great catches this weekend too. I wasn't there so I'm hoping our video came out too!

Nov 2, 2015
It was a great weekend! My team (8U Machine pitch) had their final game, and won 8-3 against another fairly good team!
Our team was full of 1st-timers, so the 8 runs was really big for us. In our first 8 games of the season, we scored a combined total of 8 runs...In our final 7 games, we scored a combined total of 32 runs. Watching the improvement in the girls was SO MUCH FUN! Can't wait to get almost all of them back next year, and see them really turn into ballplayers!

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
We were the host team this weekend and we won! This was back to back weekend wins for my team! They just pounded the ball...mercy wins in both the semi and championship...19 extra base hits in 6 games...

DD2 did great, 2 triples, 2 doubles...8-13 at the plate for the weekend + 4 walks and a CG 3 hitter in pool play with 9K's...

It was our 20th anniversary of hosting a tournament, so the trophy is a bit over the top...just shy of 6 feet tall!!!

BFT.jpg

CP

Jun 11, 2013
Had a great Saturday, won 2 and tied an 18U team (14u for us). Were rewarded with an 8AM game
I'm not even an AC on this team but HC texted me friday night at 10 to HC team.

SS hurt in first game Saturday and 3B couldn't run forcing us to twin her and no mobility so we gave up
5 runs in 1st in Semis. Down 6-2 in last inning with 2 outs DD hits one of those grounders just to right of 2nd
that seem to float on the ground and rolls to fence making it 6-3. 6th hitter hits a single makes it 6-4, 7th hitter
hits one to RC and 8th hitter hits one 2 LF making it 6-5, but our runner on second is pretty slow. We have our 9th hitter
who is 0 for the weekend but no subs so she has to hit. She its a soft sinking liner to LF and girl on 2nd gets a great
jump ball hits just fair and I send her. LF backhands ball and throws a shot to C just offline and she backhands a short
hop and tags our runner just as she hits plate. PU doesn't see ball roll out of mitt and by the time he looks she has it again.

He calls her out and we lose 6-5. Not sure if sending her was the right play, but I was proud of the team. DD was 10-16 with a couple
of walks. Was hoping to see her put a couple out, but they pitcher her away all weekend and did a nice job of driving up the middle and
to left.

Mar 31, 2011
DD found her grove, beat only unbeaten team in league this week. 5 innings, 11k one HBP and a unearned run (outfield fell asleep with all the K's). Great week.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Two come from behind wins in the last inning. DD's 3 run homer over CF was the difference in a 4-3 win. Second was against a team of Amazons. I'm looking at them thinking D1 team in size. They pound our pitcher the first 3 innings and jump to a 5-1 lead. 7th inning their pitcher is getting wild and they swap with a couple of runners on. We start hitting dinkers off the new P and 8 in the last two innings for a 9-5 win. The sweet part was they thought they were going to roll over our small sized scrappy team.

PGF qualifier next weekend but DD will be at the USNA for Summer Seminar.

Oct 10, 2011
We ended up getting 2nd this weekend, which isn't too bad for only having one practice prior too... We lost in a game called early against a very good Gold team we had beat the day before.. DD only got up once in that game!!! I'm really pleased with how she performed this weekend!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Went 0-3 Saturday with two 1-run losses and one 3-run loss. Trying some new things and in one game we were short a couple for a school event.

Sunday we went 4-0 and won it all. Got on a roll half way through the first game of the day and it never stopped. First game was close.... championship game was not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12