Monday Brag 10-3

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
How did everyone do this weekend?

We placed 2nd in our USSSA State tournament. It was a good day.

Oct 10, 2011
Even though she didn't get playing time this game, DDs team beat Pitt in their scrimmage yesterday, so their only loss this fall is to James Madison.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Softball: South Forsyth wins measuring stick game against dominant Lassiter

Softball: South Forsyth wins measuring stick game against dominant Lassiter
By Michael Foster
MFoster@forsythnews.com
POSTED: September 28, 2016 3:24 p.m.

South Forsyth head coach Ronnie Davis didn’t want his team to lose a step over fall break. Wednesday’s out-of-region game against an elite Lassiter program might have been the answer.

Starting pitcher Katherine Huey allowed just one hit, and the Lady War Eagles used some timely patience and small ball to earn a 2-0 victory against the Lady Trojans Wednesday afternoon.

The 11 a.m. start in the middle of a vacation week might not have been what the players wanted, but a big win over the current No. 3 team in the MaxPreps state rankings should make South (13-8, 8-4 Region 5-7A) gain confidence as the postseason approaches. With Lambert leading the way in region play with a perfect 13-0 mark and a clinched league title, South reminded itself its postseason ready.

“We’ve always scheduled Lassiter for a reason,” Davis said. “(Head coach) Jason Campbell always has those kids ready to go, they always play with great fundamentals, and it’s always a great opportunity for us to go up against elite competition and see where we are and where we can improve.”

Lassiter (21-4, 7-2 Region 4-7A) stands a half game back in its own region, and is two years removed from a 30-win season and won more than 20 last year. Even with the big win, Davis wasn’t entirely focused on the opponent.

“Honestly, we didn’t get the job done today,” Davis said. “I don’t know if it was me, maybe there’s something I’m doing, but we actually left some opportunities to score out there. Our runs came off plays where we kind of had them handed to us.”

Jordyn Harris, who has struggled at the plate in her junior season after earning FCN Player of the Year honors a season ago, has continued to rediscover her ability on the bags in recent games. She scored the game’s first run on Wednesday by stealing third, then scoring home on a throwing error. Harris had two stolen bases in the game.

South scored its second run in the bottom of the fifth inning when Emily Harris came around on a bases-loaded walk with Cat Rife at the plate.

Jordyn Harris finished 2 for 3 at the plate, while Sarah Womack was 1 for 3 with a double and Emily Harris was 1 for 2 with a run scored. South drew five walks against four total hits at the plate.

Huey allowed just one hit in five innings, striking out three and walking three, while Lauren Bacarri—who has seen more time on the mound in recent weeks—finished the game with three strikeouts against six batters to earn the save.

South will face Milton tomorrow, Thursday, at 5:30 p.m. and has three total games left in the region schedule to finish the regular season.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Well my dd batted 1.000 on an 18U OC Batbusters Team. Hit a 3 run homer. Her first homer since the team moved up to 18's. She even got a solid double on them with an additional RBI to boot.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2016
DD had a a good weekend. Played in a 14u showcase tournament. The team did well finishing 2nd in the single elimination bracket portion after "winning" all their showcase pool games. DD got a really nice write up on the tourney website recruiting blog report. It probably will never be read by anybody but parents and grandparents. It still made me proud that someone noticed her hard work, effort and results. They won 2 of the bracket games 1-0 and she scored the run in one of the games and had the RBI in the other. In the last game she got the opportunity to face a D1 P5 verbally committed pitcher. She struck out on 4 pitches in the first AB. In the second she worked a 7 pitch walk after being down in the count 1-2 and fouling off 2 two strike pitches. It wasn't a hit but still a very good at bat. On the second pitch to the next batter she stole second. She has good speed but is not really fast. I wish I had video of the steal because she was sliding into 2nd with the ball still 10 feet from the SS's glove. She has never been given the steal sign against a really good pitcher/catcher combo in a tight game before. DD said she thought the coach had called out the wrong number until he repeated it. She has never gotten to 2nd so fast. I asked after the game if she left early and she said she wasn't sure but that she was not going to be thrown out.
It is amazing how much shorter a 3.5 hour drive home late at night is after DD and DD's teammates have all played well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs