Mitt size

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 28, 2008
Ok..going to take the plunge and purchase my kid a cathers mitt. She is going to be a sophmore and looks like she is the HS future catcher. My question is what size do we purchase? Looking at the Liberty sine her fielding glove has held up well.

Any insight is appreciated!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Well, I started to say a 34 inch, but now I am only finding that mitt in a 33.5 and smaller. I would get her the largest that she can handle. I am 5'9 and I use the same make of mitt at 1st and on the bucket.

Sep 3, 2009
33 or 34 sounds about right. How well her hand fits is probably the more important consideration.

Mar 15, 2010
My DD tried a number of fastpitch catcher gloves from Mizuno, Rawlings and Easton and ultimately selected the 34" MPF22 from SSK. She is 5'10" and the glove fits her perfectly.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
a>
SocalDad, where are you finding that mitt available? I did a search and found it in left hand throw.

But if that glove is available it is the one to buy. I have used it for 15 years. I looked for one for my niece a couple of years ago, but they were no longer made.

I did find one on Ebay, so I bought myself an extra one, because surely mine will die at some point. But, I haven't even had it restrung, yet.

I use both mitts mentioned. I like the Worth mitt, but my SSK has been my old stand by.

There are times when, if I can get that glove on the ball, it does the catching. Sometimes a parent will pick that glove up and play catch with it and come back smiling going "What is with this glove?"

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
How many of y'all do that? I got my glove a long time ago and I fear that one day it will die on me. I have an extremely small hand and I am very picky (no velcro, it wears out, I have to put my pointer finger outside of the glove so there must be a hole for the finger to go out of without any of that textured mess there, etc.). I recently saw my glove online in a closeout sale on some sporting goods website. I know they don't make it anymore. It is a Worth Avenger. I can get it for dirt cheap compared to what I paid for it. Do you think it would be worth the investment to order a backup in the same style, since I like it?

Mar 15, 2010
a>
SocalDad, where are you finding that mitt available? I did a search and found it in left hand throw.

Play It Again Sports. Like you couldn't find one anywhere. Stopped by my local PIAS and there it was on the glove rack. Like new and cost me $65.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish