Missed this: Monica Abbott sets new speed record (77mph)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
All I have to say is that I saw Abbott in person at the stadium (the Bandits play at the Ballpark at Rosemont, and believe it or not, that's my team's home field too! Gotta throw out a Big Thanks to Mayor Brad Stephens of Rosemont for making that happen), and I knew she was big, but WOW!

I got a chance to talk with her pitching coach (who actually coached her in high school in California and came out her with her post-college to coach the Bandits), and he was joking about his fears of a kid hitting a ball to one of his defenders in high school (we were talking about "weak links"), even with having Abbott on the mound.

That blew my mind because I was just grateful having a kid who could toss 60-62 consistent as my #1 and hoping my collective team defense could average 88% success.

It's gratifying to know that all levels share the same fears/concerns from time-to-time.

And back to the thread, kudos to M. Abbott on continuing to be a beast on the mound.

My DD pitched against Abbott in a 16u tournament. Mind you, we were a top team, one of the best hitting teams around.

Monica threw a 1 hit shut out against us. I had no idea at the time who she was, but I took her picture because I figured I'd be seeing her again some time:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06