Miken to stop making fastpitch bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
That was the rumor at practice today. DD's org is folding. Several of the girls are considering playing for a team (next year) that is sponsored by Miken, but DD's current head coach told the girls that Miken is out of the fastpitch business and will focus solely on slow pitch bats. I question the coach's motivation and when I challenged him on it he told me that it was announced two weeks ago. Even if true I question why he felt the need to tell that information to the girls, but that's a side issue. Anyway, some of you bat guys, do you know if this rumor is true??

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I went and looked and didn't find any link to this announcement. Maybe someone else can find it. Why would they stop making FP Bats when the Miken Freak Black is one of the hottest bats on the market?

Sep 18, 2011
I haven't heard this at all.

If you would like, I can make a call tomorrow and get a real answer.

Would be great if you would do that. Rumor was that Miken would manufacture slowpitch bats only and that Rawlings would manufacture fastpitch bats.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
That was the rumor at practice today. DD's org is folding. Several of the girls are considering playing for a team (next year) that is sponsored by Miken, but DD's current head coach told the girls that Miken is out of the fastpitch business and will focus solely on slow pitch bats. I question the coach's motivation and when I challenged him on it he told me that it was announced two weeks ago. Even if true I question why he felt the need to tell that information to the girls, but that's a side issue. Anyway, some of you bat guys, do you know if this rumor is true??

Not sure what type of "sponsorship" Miken provided, but I doubt it would be enough to warrant disbanding the team if the sponsorship was not renewed. Most of the manufacturer sponsorships are discounts on their merchandise, which the team MUST use, and parents can usually find a better deal on equipment online anyway!

Nov 3, 2013
Stoddard, WI
We heard rumor also. We are 30 minutes from the plant and talk to employees. They agreed to sponsor our team again so I think nothing is written in stone.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Miken IS indeed phasing itself out of the fastpitch and baseball market to only be a slowpitch bat maker.

No time table, was told they may keep making the current bats but thats not in stone.

Jan 3, 2014
That's news to me. Thanks. Too bad DD won't even pick up an orange bat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs