Mic Drop Da Friday Check in 6-3-16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DD 3 has a tournament this weekend. Only 6 teams, but it will be tough. Half the teams are from Illinois, and those teams aren't planning to travel to Wisconsin just to lose.

This is also the first tournament where she will face real 14u teams (except for some weak 14u teams she faced in Iowa a couple of weeks ago). There are only 2 13u teams in the tournament, the others are all 14u, and some of them are going to be tough.

DS is rowing at the Intercollegiate Rowing Association Championships in Lake Mercer, outside of Princeton. He had his first heat this morning, 6th place out of 7 boats in the Varsity 4+ (coxed) event. Wisconsin won that heat. He has a quarterfinal race this afternoon 2:20 EDT. DW and I are watching the live stream of his races. Out of 28 boats, his had the 20th best time of the bunch. Realize, the Milwaukee School of Engineering is just a D-III school, and they are rowing against the top rowing teams in the country. He is small compared to most of the rowers. He lists his height at 6', but that is if he really needs a haircut, or is wearing shoes. Only 165 lbs. So, he is the only sophomore in a boat otherwise filled with seniors, with a bunch of regular size engineering students rowing against really tall guys.

One of the guys on his boat just finished Naval ROTC, and drives to San Diego for basic training right afterwards. Good to see there are still bright and brave young men serving our country.

Jun 12, 2015
Our tournament didn't make so we're playing in one with B and C teams. I'm not super thrilled about this. Our coach is totally not a trophy hunter, he just doesn't want to take the weekend off & this was the best one we could get into. I don't think it's going to be totally unfair, since one of our two main pitchers in injured. That definitely evens the playing field. Guess we'll find out how we do w/ only one solid pitcher (we have 2 backup ones so it won't be just my DD pitching fortunately).

My older DD has a baseball tournament also, and they're playing with only 9 all weekend. Yikes. Today she turned twelve. One more year and I have a teenager...

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
giphy.gif

Thats what I'm talking about!!

BOOOIYEEEEE!!!

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
It's softball time! Leaving in an hour for our first showcase of the year. DD's college Coach will be there to watch her play and I'm hoping I can get her to look at one of our other girls also. It'll be an interesting and fun weekend if we can dodge the raindrops and storms that are predicted for Sunday. Of course, it always helps the time pass quickly when you have a cell network enabled tablet. the Watch ESPN app and the WCWS is on:cool:

Jan 22, 2011
DD got back Wednesday from two weeks on the DL. Spent an extra 30 minutes after practice last night on hitting. Playing in a tournament in Scott's Valley this weekend. Weather should be cooler in the mountains 10 miles from ocean.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I can't believe it, DD is playing in her 5th tournament of the spring/summer. I reminded her that after this weekend, the season will already be half over. Her face dropped with that reality. After practicing for months and months all fall & winter, the actual playing games and tournaments goes by so fast.

Jan 26, 2015
NE Kansas
DD's TB season finally starts this weekend! She's happy to leave the drama of HS ball behind. Will be at the Heartland Showcase in MO Sat and Sun. Hopefully there will be lots of college coaches there.

I hope to watch some of the WCWS games in between DD's games.

GOOD LUCK to all this weekend!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1