Mercedes first 3 teams in states 10u tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2011
(mercied first 3 teams. Sorry spell check)
Our girls have won all games so far by mercy. My biggest concern is that the final two games will bring more and more talent to the game. We need our girls to understand that if they are down by a few runs, not to feel defeated. They have never been behind in a game so they are not used to the pressure that goes along with that. Our coaching is solid skills based and working fine. We have noticed that the team with an early lead almost always wins. We can't let our girls fall into the trap of feeling defeated before the end of the game. What do you say to them?
St Clair Starz 10u. Michigan Little League state tournament.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
10U scores can be deceiving, when you run into a 10U pitcher throwing
around 42-43mph for strikes it is a completely different game. Congrats on the big wins,
but there is always a team lurking out there that matches up well.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Sounds to me like you were not playing tough enough competition prior to the tournament and are now going to pay the price for that. Unfortunately in Little League, these disparities exist and teams get soft because they are not challenged until it is too late. I would use the experience this year to find challenges for your team against good competition next year, prior to the tournament.

Dec 22, 2010
10U scores can be deceiving, when you run into a 10U pitcher throwing
around 42-43mph for strikes it is a completely different game. Congrats on the big wins,
but there is always a team lurking out there that matches up well.

I agree. We have a dominant pitcher on our 10u ASA team who throws hard. We have played a MA. team that has a big, strong pitcher who throws as hard and is accurate. In three games the scores have been 1-0 (loss), 0-0 (pool game), 1-0 (win, championship game). It's fun watching the two go at it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah