Media blasting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Speaking of the phantom foot slide at second, I saw a pretty glaring example of that in the final game between Alabama and Oklahoma at the WCWS. The second baseman for 'Bama was well past the bag when she caught the ball and tried to turn two. I'm all for safety, but this was a little over the top.

As for the original post, is it cheating? Sure. He knew he didn't catch it but pretended he did to get the out. Does it bother me? It probably should but it doesn't. In some ways I find it amusing. Guess that's just the leftover rebel in me.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
DiMuro is getting taken to task pretty good on some of the baseball umpire boards that I look at.

What saved this play for Wise is that it was the third out of the innining...had it been out 1 or 2, he would have had to throw the ball back into play and then the world would have seen that he didn't have it. Did he cheat? I don't think so....he just went with what the umpire called.

As an umpire, I have had many coaches tell me...."Blue, we just want to get it right", which actually means...."Blue, we just want you to make the call in our favor"

I think this play is a pretty good example of this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan