May Madness

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
Your 2015 WCWS participants will be:

Florida
Florida St.
LSU
Auburn
Michigan
Alabama
UCLA
Oregon

The winner will be Oregon

Feb 5, 2013
Just curious, does anyone participate in any WCWS or CWS bracket pools? I'm not interested in joining, but I was curious whether it has any office pool type traction like the college basketball tournies ... but on a smaller scale.

Jun 18, 2010
1CA6271A-C32D-42FE-88FD-269E957206D4_zpso4jynxtw.png

Dec 20, 2012
I have to root for Central Arkansas, even though they don't have a prayer.

Many years ago, when they were a D-2 school, I taught at UCA for a year as a visiting professor.

Go Sugar Bears!

Long time friend and teammate of dd is a fresh on the team. First regional in school's history. Very proud and happy for them even though their run did not last long. On the bright side about half the roster are oklahoma girls so great for famies to make it to the games.

Dec 20, 2012
The SEC bias in seeding does not bother me as much as the number of teams getting in. MSU, Kentucky and SC(sorry riseball) should not even been in the tourney. Heck I'm surprised they didn't let ole miss!

May 13, 2015
The SEC bias in seeding does not bother me as much as the number of teams getting in. MSU, Kentucky and SC(sorry riseball) should not even been in the tourney. Heck I'm surprised they didn't let ole miss!

Both of those things bother me. An example is ASU RPI 20 goes to 5th seed LSU (and darn near beats them by the way), Kentucky RPI 26 (?) goes to 15th seed Notre Dame. There are many more examples including my beloved Huskies who got hammered by Bama. They had a 27 RPI with 40 wins, ranked top 20 all year, and ended up at the 6th seed. BOO

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina

What bias do you see in seeding? Every SEC team that was seeded won their regional. Kentucky (which you said shouldn't be in the tourney) won the Notre Dame regional. Every SEC team that made the tournament is not only among the 64 teams in the country, but among the 40 best teams in the country.

Both of those things bother me. An example is ASU RPI 20 goes to 5th seed LSU (and darn near beats them by the way), Kentucky RPI 26 (?) goes to 15th seed Notre Dame. There are many more examples including my beloved Huskies who got hammered by Bama. They had a 27 RPI with 40 wins, ranked top 20 all year, and ended up at the 6th seed. BOO

Fair points about Arizona State and Washington. But that doesn't mean it's an SEC bias. Kentucky wasn't the only team that got seeded higher than their RPI, and they beat ND, so supports the faith in the SEC that the seeding committee. You could also note that NC State got what appears to be a favorable draw given their RPI. The SEC did get a lot of benefit of the doubt, but nothing happened in the regionals that suggested that was flawed thinking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1