MaxPreps... Does your HS use it?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
This past season we have started to use maxpreps.com to keep track of scores and stats for our HS. Does anyone else's program use it? Our entire district was supposed to start entering stats to make it easier to keep track of other programs when it comes time for district awards and district play, but some schools have used it more than others have.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Our whole section uses MaxPreps. It's a lot of fun to research what other teams/players are doing throughout the HS season. The problem is that some HS coaches do not enter stats correctly (padding stats) making the whole thing a waste of time for everyone.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I'm hoping that the stats I see for other teams are as they should be.

Screwball... I think that the "empty boards" are annoying as well, but sometimes another school has entered in a score from a game where they competed against them... that might be why you see some of that. Some of the sports offered at my school aren't listed on Maxpreps (like Track) and soccer is listed as a boy's sport when our team is coed.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Our whole section uses MaxPreps. It's a lot of fun to research what other teams/players are doing throughout the HS season. The problem is that some HS coaches do not enter stats correctly (padding stats) making the whole thing a waste of time for everyone.

If a team shows a reasonable number of ROE (reached on error) in the on-base percentage (OBP) category, then their stats are probably credible. My favorite is when the team's OBP has 0 ROE yet 50% of the runs scored against them are unearned - that's a big hmmmmm. Show me your swing, not your stats is my rule of thumb!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877