Marucci Pure - Review

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
I took the bats out yesterday to give them a quick test. All I did was mark the balls with stickers so I knew which one I hit it with. I focused on the Mako and -10 Marucci. I hit off a tee and went back and forth every 5 balls for about an hour.
My initial impressions:
The Marucci is the most balance bat I've ever swung and it feels lighter than the Mako even though they are almost identical in weight. The Marucci has a larger knob then the Mako...not sure if I like or dislike that. I loved the sound of the Marurcci when I hit the ball...similar to the Mako but much louder. It may be because it has less hits.
I know this isn't exit speeds but after hitting a lot of balls, I really can't tell a difference between the two bats in distance at this point. They were all clustered pretty good which is a good sign for the Marucci because I was told it had less than 50 hits on it while the Mako had over 200. This Mako is about 20 feet behind our other Mako however that has well over 500 hits on it.
I think that this bat would definitely be liked by Mako fans or those considering the Mako and wanting to save some money. It has a very stiff connection (even though they said it wasn't as stiff as the Mako- I couldn't tell the difference).
Tonight the HS varsity girls will be trying it out so I'll see what they think.

Oct 10, 2011
iM
I agree. Very similar to the Mako. I kept the 34/24. My daughter previous bat is / was a Mako 33/23.
It's funny that DD came home and said about half the girls liked it and the others didn't. About half the team is Demarini CF series and half various Easton bats. Surprisingly to me. ..a lot of girls didn't like the sound it made. FYI... not one girl has a Louisville product. DD said she liked it but not any better than her Mako.

Feb 17, 2015
USA
I have a Marucci Pure 33/23 for sale if anyone is interested. It has only been used during front toss and probably has less than 75 swings. $175 and that would include shipping. IMG_1130.JPGIMG_1131.JPGIMG_1132.JPGIMG_1133.JPGIMG_1134.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles