LXT vs Demarini

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2013
Anyone have first hand comparisons between the LXT and Demarini? DD loves the Insane but looking into some other possible options. She recently had a chance to test out the Mako, and the Insane had a little more pop. Curious about the LXT.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Its all in what you like and what fits your swing more. The insane I believe is demars endload while the LXT is VERY balanced. If you like endload, you prob will like the Insane more.

Each manufacturers top bat(s) are all step for step with each other...feel and the batters comfort level with each is what puts each bat ahead for each player.

But I know Little Angels does a TON of bat work with his girls and his reviews are very in depth and informative and I know he has posted a lot on these bats.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2014
My DD loved her CF6 Sprite, until she broke it. That's when she pulled the CF6 32/22 up from batting practice bat to gamer. She never got the feel for that bat and we've since moved to LXT. The CF6 is only used for hitting dimple balls now. Other kids on her team like the CF6, and now the CF7(particularly the -11). But, for now, mine's a LXT girl. Like Core says, it's a matter of opinion and individual feel. Both are great bats. I think the LXT was a little hotter out of the wrapper and all it took was a couple decent at bats for her to decide it was better for her. Once that happens, at least with my DD, it's hard to get her to give the old bat a chance. YMMV

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
FWIW...My daughter (decent power hitter) just tried the LXT, Mako, CF7 Insane and CF7 (31 -10 on all). Coming from a heavier Rocketech she preferred the Mako and CF7 Insane over the LXT, and liked the Mako a little better than CF7 Insane. She hit equally well with Mako and Insane in my opinion and she said she liked the feel of both. It was odd, but with the more balanced LXT & CF7 she was dragging the bat head through the zone and fouling off to the right.

As a side note, returned the LXT to LS under their satisfaction guarantee without issue (their customer service was great).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks