Cant decide on bat!?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The DeMarini CF is the lightest swing of the bats you mention. It has a large sweet spot and good durability. The LXT is also a lighter swinging bat, but the CF has a lighter feel. With the connection pieces on both bats, missed hits won't sting for a week.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either one.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I would also not rule out drop10s. Lots of drop11s are severely off weight. They are worse weighted than
drop10s. I have had drop11s weigh what a drop10 weighs. And thats from multiple manufacturers. For
example...I have had 30/19s weigh as much as 30/20s and 31/20s weigh close to 31/21s.

The closest to sticker drop11s are Mizuno and Demarini...and those are both the lightest swinging bats

Apr 26, 2022
My daughter used the older “angel eyes” lxt and really liked it. Then it came time to upgrade and she chose the cf over the newer lxt which she said felt “weird”. All the girls on her team felt the same, we went from most girls to using that white and gold lxt to trying the newer 2022 one to replacing that 2022 one. My daughter liked the cf until she tried the ghost, now all but one or two kids on her team use the ghost. The cf obviously has a different feel to its swing so I’d def go try it out.

Id buy the cf then sell it or return it and get the ghost.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My daughter used the older “angel eyes” lxt and really liked it. Then it came time to upgrade and she chose the cf over the newer lxt which she said felt “weird”. All the girls on her team felt the same, we went from most girls to using that white and gold lxt to trying the newer 2022 one to replacing that 2022 one. My daughter liked the cf until she tried the ghost, now all but one or two kids on her team use the ghost. The cf obviously has a different feel to its swing so I’d def go try it out.

Id buy the cf then sell it or return it and get the ghost.
I am going to disagree. Whether your daughter or mine like a particular bat better shouldn't impact someone else's opinion. They should try the bat to see which one *they* like best.

Apr 26, 2022
I am going to disagree. Whether your daughter or mine like a particular bat better shouldn't impact someone else's opinion. They should try the bat to see which one *they* like best.
What are you disagreeing with? I said what I would do and also said to go try it out. Kids are obviously influenced by each other but my point was that basically the whole team came to the same conclusion on what they liked so there has to be something there.
For my kid it seems to always start when one kid gets a new bat because when she takes it to that first practice everyone wants to see it and swing it and try it; everyone did that with the cf and the ghost. Then everyone bought the ghost, nobody bought the cf.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
A. Xenu swings heavy n more endload. We are best travel team in state. Most moving up to 12u in the spring.
B. -11 ONLY
C. bat will be free. Money isnt a worry.

At 10yo, buy the one your DD likes the best. With the bats you're talking about, the performance difference between them is inconsequential. Your DD being confident with the bat in her hands when she steps into the box is a bigger factor at her age.

Mar 8, 2021
Look around your area within reasonable driving distance to find a place that allows you to actually demo the bats in a cage. We drive 3 hours to our spot when we are bat shopping.
Find a bat she is confident with even if it costs a bit more. Also don't buy a bat to "grow into" that she has to choke up to swing because chances are that you will be buying new bats every season anyway.
Our daughter swung the Orange Demarini -13 28 inch Bustos at that age and to this day it hangs proudly on her bat rack.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
The DeMarini CF is the lightest swing of the bats you mention. It has a large sweet spot and good durability. The LXT is also a lighter swinging bat, but the CF has a lighter feel. With the connection pieces on both bats, missed hits won't sting for a week.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either one.

DD would agree with you 100% here. She has both in her bag. Also agree on the -10, particularly with the CF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45