LXT or Xeno?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
I'm in the market for a new bat for DD. She has been swinging a CF6 and loved it but she is now wanting to try something else. She has shown some interest in a new Xeno but I've seen some pretty good things from the LXT. Anyone have any input or suggestions?

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
My DD (15yr old power hitter) swung both at a recent college showcase. She fell in love with the 2015 Xeno. She saved up her own money to buy one!!!! You should have your DD swing both and see what feels better to her. And then when you decide PM CoreSoftball20 for an awesome deal like we did!!!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If you have a chance to atleast feel them if not swing them...please do. They are two diff feel bats.
LXT is more rigid and more balanced. Xeno has a little more weight on it and more of the multi piece bat feel

Core is right. Two different feels.

The LXT is definitely more rigid, swings lighter and is more balanced. Almost all the girls on my team who use it are former DeMarini CF users.

The Xeno is balanced a little more toward the barrel and is a heavier-swinging bat. More flex, too. Most of my Xeno users came from swinging Eastons.

Jun 18, 2010
DD got a chance to swing both in Colorado at the Louisville Slugger Booth. She preferred the Xeno over the LXT, but for WIW, she has a thing for Xenos, however they both seem to be very good. DD's favorite of all the Xenos is her order is 2015, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2014....

Sep 18, 2011
Hope to have some feedback soon. DD is about to demo the 2015 Xeno and the 2015 LXT and exit speeds will be carefully recorded. She has used Xeno for the past 3 seasons but I suspect that she will prefer the LXT.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
I have a power hitter and contact hitter. The contact hitters swing turned power hitter with the LXT, what I got from that is dont overswing it, ball speed and a good swing mechanics are the LXT's friend. My power hitter likes it because of the feel, but misses her 05 rocketech dearly, but has hit 245' on a long porch with the LXT.
The LXT is opening up with the more hits it gets. Which is nice.

ArkFastpitch

Dont' I know you?
Sep 20, 2013
Ended up going with a 2015 Xeno. DD tried a 2014 LXT at practice and hit some pretty good shots with it but said it felt "mushy" at contact. Not really sure what that means but she said she liked the way the Xeno swung and felt at contact. I appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions.

Ended up going with a 2015 Xeno. DD tried a 2014 LXT at practice and hit some pretty good shots with it but said it felt "mushy" at contact. Not really sure what that means but she said she liked the way the Xeno swung and felt at contact. I appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions.
I am not sure if that is the right word but the LXT is definitely dampened by the three-piece construction. That same feeling is what gives this bat less vibration in the handle than any that have come before it. It does, however, take away some of the feeling of "pop" without actually taking away the pop. While it delivers exit speeds as good or better than anything, that dampened feel gives a different feedback to the hitter, that's for sure. One hitter's "smooth ride" is another hitter's "mushy," if you will. I think it can be evrn further complicated by the loud, breaking glass sound the bat makes, too. All that noise, so little vibration......

The bat is hotter than a habanero, though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma